PDA

View Full Version : Questioning Powroll's quality

04-17-2002, 12:34 PM
Has anybody had work done on their 400 by Powroll? They offer a stroker kit which sounds awesome. They(stroker kits) are the only way to go for rip snortin' torque. They also sacrifice engine integrity, so my question is, does any know, or have info. on the quality of work and reliability of Powroll--Thanks

type3tom
04-17-2002, 02:12 PM
I had Powroll do their 440 stroker kit on my quad about 2 years ago and Ive never had a problem with it.I only use my quad at the dunes so its constantly in the high rpm range probably higher than it should be,rite now its running on alcohol,but before that I ran a 50/50 mix of Trick fuel and super unleaded with an 11/1 piston.If youve ever talked to Pam at Powroll then you know that shes got the skills when it comes to 4 strokes,it they werent good at what they do they would they wouldnt have been in buisiness for 25 years.

Tom

twisted threads
04-17-2002, 02:58 PM
Some one told me that Powroll told them that you should not use synthetic oil in your 4stroke IS that true?? What oil do you use in your 440 type3tom or any one else??

type3tom
04-17-2002, 05:06 PM
I use the factory Honda GN4 4 10 40w 4 stroke oil,thats what Powroll recommended I use and its worked so far.

K_Fulk
04-17-2002, 07:44 PM
They are doing my crank with the heavy duty rod. It looked like they did a really good work. But they messed up one of the gears on the crank and my engine builder sent it back so ill have to wait a few more weeks before i get it.

I use kendall oil.