PDA

View Full Version : Good socks?

chucked
11-14-2004, 09:44 AM
Anyone have some good socks they were during the winter? Maybe some heated socks. Its 40 degrees and my toes are already numbing!

400exrules
11-14-2004, 09:45 AM
just lair up, 2 or 3 reg pairs of socks

400exrules
11-14-2004, 09:52 AM
ok that made no since, u quoted me in your own post and made no comments? ok your a post whore, sorry, even though u have 4 posts a day

chucked
11-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
ok that made no since, u quoted me in your own post and made no comments? ok your a post whore, sorry, even though u have 4 posts a day

haha i dunno wtf happened there

Cody_300ex
11-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by chucked
Anyone have some good socks they were during the winter? Maybe some heated socks. Its 40 degrees and my toes are already numbing!

My friend bought 4 pairs of riding socks (i think there eaither fox or thor). He wares two pairs at a time and when we were huntin yesterday it was like 15 degrees and he said his feet were sweatin. He had sneakers on too! :eek2:

muddkitten
11-14-2004, 10:39 AM
sorry we don't have too big of a sock issue where i live. it doesn't get cold enough:D

chucked
11-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
My friend bought 4 pairs of riding socks (i think there eaither fox or thor). He wares two pairs at a time and when we were huntin yesterday it was like 15 degrees and he said his feet were sweatin. He had sneakers on too! :eek2:

Hmm looks liek I gotta look through the Parts Unlimited book. Last year I bought soem MXR Cold Pro gloves. If anyone needs a good glove those things are awesome!

Cody_300ex
11-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by chucked
Hmm looks liek I gotta look through the Parts Unlimited book. Last year I bought soem MXR Cold Pro gloves. If anyone needs a good glove those things are awesome!

Thats what I use when it gets really cold here, But when im just doing some road ridin I use my Thor windproof gloves. I'll talk to him After I get outta the stand tonight and see who makes em.

ZSK
11-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Don't just layer up on the socks. You need some air to get around your feet to keep them warm. Your feet will be much warmer in a good pair of wool socks as opposed to 2 pairs of white socks and a pair of wool. Go to mill end, gander mountain or similar store and look for monkey socks, (pictured) funny name but they are nice and warm. Your boots will also help. I found that my riding boots are actually the warmest pair I have while riding. The leather will help to hold both the heat created by your feet and legs, and also the engine.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/allsportsocks_1819_63946

sam the brave
11-14-2004, 11:05 AM
get woman hiking socks they are made better than most guy socks and keep ure feet warm

400exrules
11-14-2004, 11:06 AM
wut happened to the kid with the slippers? i bet he prefers those lmfao

ny300exrider
11-14-2004, 02:37 PM
yea i got 2 pairs of thermal work socks from my dad this year because last year my feet would be frozon after an hour of riding in the snow. they are wool and real thick but also allow your feet to get air. this winter im going to be ready to hit the cold:)

also what are the mxr gloves like? more like riding gloves(like thor or fox with warm) or like snowmobile/winter gloves. im looking into hjc snowmobile gloves right now

chucked
11-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
yea i got 2 pairs of thermal work socks from my dad this year because last year my feet would be frozon after an hour of riding in the snow. they are wool and real thick but also allow your feet to get air. this winter im going to be ready to hit the cold:)

also what are the mxr gloves like? more like riding gloves(like thor or fox with warm) or like snowmobile/winter gloves. im looking into hjc snowmobile gloves right now

actually they are MSR, they are actually riding gloves, for snowmobiling/atving

JDiablo
11-14-2004, 03:06 PM
wigwams there called,doubled layer socks,i got them on right now,nice and comfortable

bansheeguy77
11-14-2004, 03:46 PM
and some of you guys ***** about stupid threads....i dont have a problem with it but i just dont get how some ppl find threads stupid but yet socks is ok.

chucked
11-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
and some of you guys ***** about stupid threads....i dont have a problem with it but i just dont get how some ppl find threads stupid but yet socks is ok.

wtf? this is not a stupid thread. Have you ever riddin when it was below freezing or snowing?

250xridamatt
11-14-2004, 04:17 PM
If someone is getting help or asking a question, let him ask. But if he makes tons of pointless threads asking how people are, or why they hate them (hint hint) no one likes those people. I wanna see u ride without socks in below freezing weather!

bansheeguy77
11-14-2004, 04:52 PM
ok lets all be a retard and not get the point of my reply. ya double up a pair of socks its not that hard. hell im sure every one has been out in the snow and their mom made em do this. of course if riden in the cold and snow. thats when i usually ride.
what i was saying was everyone jumped all over eiger for his threads, people jumped all over the pimple thread back in the day. for what? those were the same as this thread thats what im saying.....

chucked
11-14-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
ok lets all be a retard and not get the point of my reply. ya double up a pair of socks its not that hard. hell im sure every one has been out in the snow and their mom made em do this. of course if riden in the cold and snow. thats when i usually ride.
what i was saying was everyone jumped all over eiger for his threads, people jumped all over the pimple thread back in the day. for what? those were the same as this thread thats what im saying.....

no, its not smart to double up socks, it will make your feet sweat and in the end make them even colder.

bansheeguy77
11-14-2004, 06:20 PM
not for me...double socks and insulated hunting boots work great for me.