PDA

View Full Version : burgard a-arms

busch light
11-14-2004, 02:21 AM
how do they hold up in the woods

Pappy
11-14-2004, 07:11 AM
harlen runs them (or did when he didnt run the stock class) and the only problem he had was when he wrapped one around a tree, bending it, ripping off 2 a arm mounts and generally tearing stuff up:p

i havent had any problems in the woods, but i do my best to stay off trees:scary:

11-14-2004, 04:54 PM
I agree that trees will bend them! but I think trees bend any a-arms!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-15-2004, 09:46 AM
I have them on my 400ex and they have made it through a couple of gnccs and harescrambles, I try my hardest to avoid the trees, I think the only thing you will see with any arms is that with the woods riding the powdercoat will take a beating, but you can't see it cause its on the bottom :p

frozenh2o
11-15-2004, 10:01 AM
The arms are well-made, with nice welds. You won't bend or break them without a major mishap. The details could use improvment though. The rubber boots deteriorate much faster than the stockers, (but the boots are replaceable, unlike on the stockers) and the nylon lock nuts for the ball joints are a pain compared to the castle nut/cotter pins that the factory uses.

dantwo
11-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Just a heads up! LSR should have out early January some long travel cross country a-arms. Also the will have axles to match. It will be the same axle, just with more adjustment so you do not have to go as wide.