PDA

View Full Version : friend hurt pretty bad at party

440exnacsracer
11-12-2004, 09:37 PM
wow, just got back from a party that went bad pretty quick. there was a little drinkin going on. well, one of my good friends was messin around, not drunk, just feeling good. he climbed up on top of a 6ft filing cabinet inside of a barn. there were rafters about 12-13 ft high and the closest was about a 5 ft leap from where he was. he is very athletic and figured he could make it despite several of us trying to convience him to get down. well, he leaped, grabbed on for a split second, and just as his legs were horizontal, his feet slipped. he fell directly on his head and shoulders. i quickly ran over to find that he was unconcious. a friend and i gently rolled him over to his side and he regaind conciousness. he kept going in and out as his eyes rolled back and forth. i slowly saw a puddle of blood gathering and wrapped my shirt around his head. we called 911, and he was actually standing when they got there, as he was determined to stand. i know its not that amazind, but this was 2 hours ago and my adrenile is still pumping like crazy, kinda freaked me out:eek2: :eek2:

I-7
11-12-2004, 09:43 PM
He should be pretty happy to have good friends!

440exnacsracer
11-12-2004, 09:56 PM
yea a few others ran that had been drinking and rode out....not a good idea, and really messed up that they would leave, but a few of us stayed,, i would rather have to pay a fine than have a friend die:rolleyes:

bansheeguy77
11-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
yea a few others ran that had been drinking and rode out....not a good idea, and really messed up that they would leave, but a few of us stayed,, i would rather have to pay a fine than have a friend die:rolleyes:

yeah, way to be. its hard to find good friends like that anymore. he can be lucky to still be able to stand and not be paralized. thats a nice fall on a very fragile part of your body that can ruin your life very quick

HtFoxChick
11-13-2004, 08:37 AM
We have a neighbor that fell like 6' off of some scafling and fell on his head first, onto some iron. He almost died because of his injuries and it has been a year already and he still has alot of problems. A really nice guy, too!:( Head injuries are serious! Hope your friend will be ok!

bulkdriverlp
11-13-2004, 08:50 AM
he better count his blessings, sounds like he could have been paralized. should prolly think about drinking and doin stupid stuff

440exnacsracer
11-13-2004, 08:54 PM
i heard from him today, and hes gonna be ok, hes back at home with his head wrapped up and a bunch of stitches, so hopefully he'll be alright

lol
11-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
i heard from him today, and hes gonna be ok, hes back at home with his head wrapped up and a bunch of stitches, so hopefully he'll be alright

glad to hear...... next time he should think twice