PDA

View Full Version : New Nerfs, just wondering iff...

Jay300ex
04-17-2002, 05:23 AM
I just got some DG Steel Series nerfs for my birthday yestarday, and I have a couple of comments to see if anyone else had these problems with installation that I did, ( on a 02 300ex ).

Most of it went together alright, the instructions said to look at a diagram to do the webbing , but there was none?? And on the left bar, the footpeg had a weld that stuck out to far and I couldnt get the holes on the nerf bar aligned with the pegs. I thought that was wierd because it was the right model I ordered for, so I hacked a little piece off the nerf bars and it fits like a glove now, hopefully not hurting the stability or life of the bars. Next problem I ran into, the spacers were WAY to big for the sizes I needed them for, and I ended up taking some hardcore powertools to cut those things down to the right size. Other then all that trouble the bars fit on alright. Only question now is, on the left side, the bolts that go in to the frame through the peg and the bars both, are those a little short now? Dont stick in very far ( like a half inch maybe 3/4 ) would they be at risk of breaking or anything?

Thanks for any input. Dont wanny make a frankenstien out of my first quad heh.

Jayson :macho

04-17-2002, 07:27 AM
I had the same problem, Did they also give u a bigger bolt for it, I used that, and when u put it in, shake the quad a little too

Jay300ex
04-17-2002, 04:28 PM
Yea I put that bolt on the right side where it was needed because there was a spacer in the way.

Jay