PDA

View Full Version : Pics (link) of my new DVX 400

300extasy
11-12-2004, 08:19 AM
After all the consideration, I bought a new 2004 Arctic Cat DVX400. I would tell you how much I like it, but I haven't had time to really ride it yet. So here's some pics:
http://community.webshots.com/album/215681036umQKTR

YFZ450Ridr
11-12-2004, 02:35 PM
lookin nice. thought thoes had rezzies up front like the Z/ KFX?

kuba1506
11-12-2004, 03:08 PM
what was your out the door price for that machine

redrunner
11-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
lookin nice. thought thoes had rezzies up front like the Z/ KFX?

The 05' models have the new shocks, however in the Artic Cat adds I saw no rezzies.

rollie
11-14-2004, 06:44 AM
sweet quad man! :D

GoFastCat
11-15-2004, 09:31 AM
The bike looks great, I had wanted the green and black but all my dealer had was the red and black. And no the 2005 Cats did not get the upgrade the Z/KFX's recieved.
Keep an eye on the tabs that hold the fenders on, infact I found it was best to remove all of them. I haven't had any problems with the mechanical part of it but the seat cover tore from rubbing against the plastic and about the seat it is HARD. And the fender tabs have broke off, right now Im waiting for a brand new center piece to come in. Good thing for the warrenty and I also got the extended warrenty, so if you never got that check into it.

Check out my pics HERE (http://community.webshots.com/user/2fastcats)

Jersey450R
11-15-2004, 02:51 PM
very nice looking quad, probably the most apealing quad made as of right now. but i have to say, the dvx didnt get the mods for 05 like the Z/KFX did...motor, front rezzies, etc...you should have looked into that first. this is just my opinion, i wish you good luck with it.

300extasy
11-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Hey, I've been gone huntin for a week, so I haven't seen the replies until today. Thanks for the compliments, it is a new '04 and it was my understanding that they don't yet come with the updated shocks. My out the door cost was $4938 so you can understand why I went this route vs. a z-400. The cheapest I found one of those for an '04 was $4700 + tax, title, and setup.

Jersey- What were the motor changes in '05?

EXRIDER400KFX
11-21-2004, 02:34 AM
yep heres the link to his ^^ pics. i like the looks of them. they look pretty sick. but that sucks they dont come with the new shocks.
http://community.webshots.com/album/215681036umQKTR

tp300ex
11-21-2004, 02:08 PM
looks nice how do u like it i was trying to decid on ether that or a 400ex but i herd the plastic on the dvx400 brakes off:confused:

GoFastCat
11-21-2004, 04:03 PM
My brother has a 2001 400ex and the dvx is easily the faster of the two and seems to have more power across the powerband except for right off idle. There the honda mill has a little edge. I find the honda will wheelie easier then my dvx and also has a tighter turning radius. I'm used to the DVX ergo's and handling so find them better then my brother EX. Overall I am very pleased I went with the cat instead of the honda.
I haven't had my plastic "break" off but a few of the mounting tabs have broke off. First thing to do is remove all the fender brackets so you dont have to worry about breaking any tabs and gives the fenders more give without alot of vibration.

300extasy
11-22-2004, 06:31 AM
I haven't had much chance to ride yet. So I can't really tell you how much I like it, although compared to my old 300ex it is a whole new ball game. Things I like about it that were deciding factors on buying it are, not only does it have reverse but it is also easier to use than it was on my 300. Cheaper than all the other 400's I looked at. Suzuki reputation to back it. Did I mention it was cheapier. IMO best looking out there. The choke is located better than it was on my 300ex. Things I didn't like but was willing to live with, plastic does seem like it is cheap and could break easily. Frame could be stronger. I figure I will remove the fenders for trail riding and probably run them in the dunes. As for the frame, I don't ride that hard yet, so I will try and go a year before I rip it down and gusset it.

acold7dusta
11-26-2004, 08:59 AM
man i love those DVX's i wanted one ever since the day it came out. i couldnt find one around here...and if i did...nothin i could afford. then i just decided to get a bike instead

416mx
12-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Well since i broke my neck in March, i've had to sell my race quad, and have been sick about it ever since. I went tonight and talked to a friend of mine at the Artic Cat dealer about a DVX, I'm getting one right after the first of the year. I can't wait!!! I can't really ride fast anymore or anything, but the reverse is nice and the water coled engine will be nice for trail riding, and can still spin the tires once in a while. Can't wait:D :D :D

redrunner
12-03-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by 416mx
Well since i broke my neck in March, i've had to sell my race quad, and have been sick about it ever since. I went tonight and talked to a friend of mine at the Artic Cat dealer about a DVX, I'm getting one right after the first of the year. I can't wait!!! I can't really ride fast anymore or anything, but the reverse is nice and the water coled engine will be nice for trail riding, and can still spin the tires once in a while. Can't wait:D :D :D

Sorry to here about your neck... man that sucks. I guess we all just want to get back on the "horse" after we fall off, it must be a "man thang". I'm doing the same with recent ACL rebuild and bought the new Z. Good luck to ya and let's be careful out there!!!

416mx
12-03-2004, 05:05 PM
It's ordered!!!!!!!!!! It will be here in a couple of weeks!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D I was in it too long to just quit riding all together!

416mx
12-17-2004, 09:33 PM
It's here, going to pick it up next week, got to sit on it and start it !!! Sweeeeeet!!!!!!! I'll try to post some pics!:) :D :devil:

gyii
12-18-2004, 05:36 PM
Hey, good looking cat. I agree that it's the best looking quad on the market and I love it.
I'm getting the chrome fenders for mine and I'm powdercoating the frame and arms fluorescent orange. If any one wants the green fenders let me know. I'll also be putting most of my stuff in my signature up for sale. Details to come. Just a heads up for you DVX owners.

GoFastCat
12-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by gyii
Hey, good looking cat. I agree that it's the best looking quad on the market and I love it.
I'm getting the chrome fenders for mine and I'm powdercoating the frame and arms fluorescent orange. If any one wants the green fenders let me know. I'll also be putting most of my stuff in my signature up for sale. Details to come. Just a heads up for you DVX owners.

You better check to see if you can still get the chrome fenders. There no longer listed in the 05 accessory catalog, they must not of been a good seller and cat dropped the idea :confused:
It sounds like you will have an awsome lookng cat when your done though:devil:

416mx
12-21-2004, 07:15 PM
They had trouble with the new fenders not holding up as good as the orginals , so they droped them!!:ermm:

gyii
12-21-2004, 09:49 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: I called AC customer service today and they are nowhere to be found. Oh, well, I'm still gonna get the orange put on and keep the green.