PDA

View Full Version : right case needs help!

HH250R
11-12-2004, 05:51 AM
Hi, I dont usually post on exriders, but i need help soon becuase rriders is down. The right center case of my 87 R needs to get milled on the outside mating surface(where the right crankcase bolts to center case) because it is chewed up from previous owner trying to pry the case apart. The gasket is new but it leaks, and my question is would it be OK to mill .001" off of the case mating surface to get a fresh edge for proper gasket seal. Is this doable without any custom mods? and will it work? i dont feel like buying a new case just for a new gasket surface! thanx

ZRider400
11-12-2004, 08:50 AM
im guessing if you have to mill alot off, then you could always run 2 gaskets to make up for the difference?

Teufel
11-12-2004, 09:18 AM
IMO, you could safely mill .020-.030" off with out a problem. More than likely the marks that you are trying to remove will equire you to remove that much.

11-16-2004, 06:32 AM
honestly the best thing to do is make sure there flat and fill in the spots with jb weld.... I had a gouse in the mating surface and used jb, it will work fine. I dont think milling them is a good idea.

other wise buy a new case

milling the cases is going to change the port timing and ultimeately change the power band