PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket slipon vs. HRC endcap

wiesman
11-11-2004, 02:08 PM
ok, here's the deal. I have the full HRC kit in my 450R. It seemed to have lost a little on the bottom end with the cam. I am looking for gaining some bottom back because i do mostly mx, and heard that a slipon will get me more bottom than a full exhaust. Now, how much of a difference will I feel throughout the powerband with a slipon like the Dr. D or HMF vs. the stock with the HRC endcap. I am not looking at a high comp. piston to make a full system worthwhile(only because sometimes only pump fuel will be accessible because of trail riding). Anyone have some good ideas.

RedRacer44
11-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Buy an HMF slip-on! Simple as that. You'll reep more benefits from a full exhaust system though! You'll make more power through the RPMs with a full system VS. a slip on. It'll work nicely w/ the HRC kit. If you're riding MX, you're going to want power in the bottom/midrange along w/ some topend which you have from the HRC cam but a full exhaust system will enhance the motors power and add the bottom end you want too. I'd say spend the money and buy a full HMF or Sparks system!

iceracer65
11-11-2004, 09:24 PM
i bought a whole system for rossier for $450...there is absolutly no contest between stock and it! check out www.rossiereng.com for dynos specs on there pipe. this and the hrc kit was the only mods on my engine for the gnc tt's and i ended up pretty good:devil: www.rossiereng.com

ZRider400
11-11-2004, 09:35 PM
hmf slipon def makes more power than HRC end cap........i had my end cap removed and jetted for a while and decided to buy a HMF and it increased the power alot.

For now im happy with it, but someday will get a full hmf.

Martin Blair
11-11-2004, 10:09 PM
I have a bill ballance aluminum slipon for sale $ 200, been used twice, no dicolorations and looks brand new, im gettign read of it for conflicting sponsership reasons.