PDA

View Full Version : Wiring for extra lighting

red2004 TRX450R
11-11-2004, 01:50 PM
I was thinking gong to fab up a mounting bracket for my handlebars for some driving/fog lights.
I was wondering what wires I should use for power?

I was thinking 2 lamps =< 35 watt each. Do u think the quad will handle them and the stock lights?

it sucks it gets dark at 5pm ..

I want the deer to look like this :eek:

JDH
11-11-2004, 08:46 PM
I don,t know but I would like to know myself!!!

Shawn H
11-11-2004, 09:05 PM
The stock stator is a 210 or 215 watt so it will handle the extra lights.I would wire into the High beam so you can shut them off or wire in a switch> Check the manual for exact wire to splice in.

red2004 TRX450R
11-12-2004, 08:16 AM
[i] Check the manual for exact wire to splice in. [/B]

That is what i was gong to do but i thought i would ask first!

the Z Man
11-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Give us some feedback and pics when your done... Z

spindles
11-13-2004, 04:42 PM
well i had the same question a couple weeks ago and didn't get any help but here you go. I wired in heated bars but use the power supply that supplies the headlights. do not go to just the high beam or low beam. use the main power (the one that has power even if the lights are off). too much current draw threw the switch will do 2 things premature switch failure and not enough good current for your goodies. i cant remember the wire colour but w test light easy to find . then use a switch and also a fuse.

if you don't get it i am wiring another one tomorrow and i will keep track of which wire. i do know it is in the white plug on the right side looking into the hood area from front of bike.