PDA

View Full Version : Houser LT a-arms & Swing-arm w/linkage

simoniz
11-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Does anyone know anybody that is currently running the Houser LT's, swing arm w/linkage. Opinions please!!!!

Trying to decide which brand to go with. Holz, Walsh, Viper, Houser, JB. I want to do this once.

atvmx14
11-11-2004, 10:53 AM
If This helps i have heard and seen nothing but goods things about the walsh savior swingarm w/linkage!!
The houser i still drool over especially the pricing...

slosh13
11-11-2004, 11:06 AM
I am also interested in simoniz question. Any input to share?

simoniz
11-11-2004, 12:21 PM
I really like the looks of the Houser. I've heard great time things about the Holz a-arms, swingarm w/linkage. I know Walsh makes a awesome product. I know it's normally you get what you pay for but the Houser really looks good and price is much cheaper. I just wish I knew or could talk to someone who has ran them.

quadjeff
11-11-2004, 12:46 PM
I have the Holz set-up on mine and it is great. You are correct houser is great for the price. I have a friend with the houser and he really likes it but if he did it over again he would have purcahsed the Holz set-up. Apples to Apples there is no comparison in ride and set-up. They are two different applications. Houser is trying to make the current style work without spending a ton of $$ and Holz and Walsh totally change the geometry of the rear suspension. If you have the cash buy it one time if not the houser is really good stuff also. I used to ride for houser and there stuff is really nice. I race and pratice 2 times a week and never had any problem with my Holz set-up. If you are at a race this coming year Cory Ellerbrock has a complete Holz set-up just ask him.. Now is the time to buy shocks are in stock and Holz along with all of the components. We have a ton of testing on the rear end now and he has it dialed in. Good luck;)

atvmx14
11-11-2004, 12:49 PM
someone have the website for holz i want to check out there stuff thanks

quadjeff
11-11-2004, 12:51 PM
www.holzracingproducts.com

JH Racing
11-11-2004, 12:56 PM
I also have the Holz setup on mine and it works great. I have been very happy with all the parts and service. I am a dealer with them and he has been very easy to deal with and 97% of the time the parts are in stock. There is a link on my site it is www.j-hracing.com

RedRacer44
11-11-2004, 12:57 PM
I hear good things about Houser too but if you have the $$$ to spend, buy the Holz setup! JH Racing have told me it works really well and they are selling a ton of Holz setups. They also tried the Walsh setup and said it worked pretty well but switched to the HOLZ setup. They wont go back either. It looks really sweet too!

If you are on a budget. The GT Thunder Link and shock revalve isn't a bad way to go either. I'm currently running this setup and absolutely love it for the $$ spent. You might also look into the dual rate spring conversions being done by JH Racing on the rear shock, I hear good things.

kazpr
11-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Ya the Houser does look nice. I am still in limbo about my suspension. I was thinking Houser then I saw JH's Holz setup and man that is a NICE setup!

simoniz
11-11-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm definitly going with AXIS on the shocks. Heck they are the same price as good Dual Adj. Elka's. My biggest thing is the a-arms and swing arm. Allot of my buddies on YFZ's run Houser stuff but I just don't think it's going to get it on the Honda. I know you got spend a little more $$ on the Honda to get it right but it will better in the long run.

simoniz
11-11-2004, 04:43 PM
kazpr, I see you have a LSR axle. Have you got a Fad nut yet?? I think the LSR is crap. I have 2 that I have to play with all the time on my 400's. Never stay tight.:mad:

BIGBLOCKBILL
11-11-2004, 06:44 PM
It really depends on what you ride and/or race. I choose the Houser rear setup for XC because the linkage doesn't hang down as far. If I raced MX I would probably run the Holz setup for it's small gain in smoothness and travel. The Houser setup on mine took out 90% of the bucking,although I'm still playing with shocks. I'm going to try Axis on my other bike and see if that cures the rest of it,currently running Elkas.

Thump_It
11-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Okay, so does Houser make a LT rear set-up? If so, how much is it for everything including the top of the lind Elka or Axis rear shock?

simoniz
11-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Yea I'm putting together a national MX quad.

BIGBLOCKBILL
11-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Go with the Holz,MX is what it was designed for. Ground clearance won't be an issue for you.

simoniz
11-12-2004, 09:39 AM
yea I want the lowest ground clearence I can get. My race 400 with 6 1/4" ride height with me on it. Thats how I like it. I know I can't the 450R no where near that low but I'm hoping for 7" with whatever pakage I go with. It sounds more and more that the Holz system is the way to go.

RedRacer44
11-12-2004, 09:42 AM
You can get the 450R that low. With the GT Thunder MX link and shock revalve, my ride height dropped to 6 1/4 inches with me on the quad. I raised it up to 7 inches w/out a problem. I know with the Holz setup or whatever you use, you can get the 450R that low. Its not a problem.

simoniz
11-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Red Racer, What front end are you going with?? I see where you are selling your current front end. So you are running a stock swinger and revalved rear shock with the the GT Thunder linkage?? Have you rode others 450R's with +1 swing-arms and linkage etc.. If so whats your take???

quadjeff
11-12-2004, 10:55 AM
My Holz set-up is 7" for MX... It is sick man...

simoniz
11-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Do you got any pics. QuadJeff??? If so send them to msimoniz@aol.com.

Thanks

RedRacer44
11-12-2004, 11:00 AM
I was going to sell my front end but havent had any serious takers and I'm in the middle of winter powdercoat/gusset work. I was goign to go with the Eyeball Engineering LT front end w/ Axis but oh well. My current front end works great so I'm just going to stick with it for a while. Yes, I'm running stock swinger w/ GT Link and revalved rear shock. It works really well for the $$$ invested! I have rode 1 other TRX w/ an extended swinger and it handled pretty nice. His motor was built (piston,cam, carb, port work, etc) and the longer swinger kept the front end planted nicely! I have yet to race MX with my current motor setup so I'm worried about being able to keep my front end on the ground but we will see. There is an arenacross race coming up so hopefully I'll be put back together in time to rip it up!

If I had the $$$ to throw around, I'd buy the Holz LT front end and swingarm w/ linkage! Thats just my take on the ordeal.

quadjeff
11-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Just e-mailed you a couple of pics. Go to the web-site and check out ether hondas on there... That is kind of old but gives you an idea...

simoniz
11-12-2004, 11:19 AM
The website disables when I open mail. I was able to download the 3 pics of yours I guess. is something wrong with the site??

quadjeff
11-12-2004, 11:58 AM
I was just there.. I will check... www.quadsonly.com/

simoniz
11-16-2004, 04:52 PM
I beleive I've made up my mind. I'm going to go with Holz.

kazpr
11-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by simoniz
I beleive I've made up my mind. I'm going to go with Holz.
Will be SICK!!