PDA

View Full Version : Full system vs Slip on

440ex2001
11-10-2004, 11:15 PM
I have a ross 440 11.5:1 kit ,p&p head ,stage one cam and a WB r-4 slip on. I'm thinking about getting a full exhaust system. How much of a diff will it make? I want to try and balance my engine power alittle. The 440 kit will give me alot of torque the cam I have is made for bottom-to midrange I got the p&p head to help out some on the top end I am hoping a good fullexhaust will even things out a bit on the top end. The system I am looking at has been shortened so that will give even more bottom end right? How does a WB R-4 power band differ from an engine with full exhaust?

cals400ex
11-11-2004, 01:33 AM
which full exhaust are you talking about?? a good full exhaust should make quite a difference. my buddy just switched from a R4 slip on to a full HMF on his mild 406. i was shocked how much better it ran. i know this may be a bit surprising, but i think he gained a lot of power in the lower gears. i didn't get on it in 1st but 2nd ran so much better. it pulled strong in 2nd-4th. i only rode it for about 5 minutes but his bike felt like a real terd with that slip on. i just thought something was messed up with his bike. so, all in all, i think a full system will make it run better.

howshnazy
11-11-2004, 11:34 AM
With your big bore, a full system will work much better.

440ex2001
11-11-2004, 12:24 PM
The one I'm thinking of is a shortened curtis sparks full system

EXDUNER127
11-12-2004, 10:31 AM
with a built motor you are bringing more air into your intake, so more air wants to come out of your exhaust to create more power, but the stock header is very restictive for airflow, i noticed alot more power when i sold my slip and upgraded to the full exhaust!

wcbomb
11-12-2004, 06:37 PM
first reply on exriders HI GUYS! first off great site. I have a stock 02 400ex first mod was stock exhaust shortened to 8 in. got up to a158 main jet no low end killer top. Next was r-4 slip on excellent low-top power with 160 main. Like all wanted more so I sold r-4 to friend and got a full HMF,could not believe the difference this pipe made kick-*** power. Won't even fell like the same bike.