PDA

View Full Version : Arafat...

I-7
11-10-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm sure you all know about this but Arafat died.... whats your thoughts about the future of Palestine and all this crap in the Middle East

JUSTINcredible
11-10-2004, 10:32 PM
i dont really know much about him. was he a good leader or is he a leader that we should be happy that hes dead?

bansheeguy77
11-10-2004, 10:37 PM
it seemed like he wanted peace yet he didnt. not really sure being i tuned the middle east talks out a few years ago. they will continue to kill themselves no matter who dies or is in power. same with iraq. the world is a shame.....

Quad18star
11-10-2004, 10:38 PM
I didn't watch the news , so I didn't know he died . I knew he was in a coma for a few days .

Lotta people have different views on what kind of a person he was . He received a Nobel Peace Prize .... but many people know his as a terrorist .

My personal opinion .... things are just going to get a LOT worse in Palestine now that he is gone .

Bush0102
11-10-2004, 10:48 PM
the world is a better place now that that terrorist is dead. If it werent for him israel would be in much better shape.

derekhonda
11-10-2004, 11:09 PM
while I agree with him on being a person who will not be missed, he did have good relations with the US. that is a plus, what if the next person despises us? I know its a fat chance, since we basically are the reason israel has survived the last 20 years, but you never know.

popo
11-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Hopefully Bin Linden shows up to the funeral where ever it is. So we can a cap him in the head.

FastHonda400ex
11-10-2004, 11:36 PM
LOL popo:D

300EX
11-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
it seemed like he wanted peace yet he didnt.
ya, kind of like Kerry! :p

LazeR
11-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
the world is a better place now that that terrorist is dead. If it werent for him israel would be in much better shape.

Thats the way i look at it....i sure as hell didn't shed any tears

Originally posted by popo
Hopefully Bin Linden shows up to the funeral where ever it is. So we can a cap him in the head.

I only wish we could get that lucky!

MY450R
11-11-2004, 07:53 AM
actually i think the us govnmt killed him on purpose by poison or something.
we really never liked him we just put up with him.i dont think things are going to be good over there until a new leader comes in.however the us will determine who will control palastine.maybe there will be peace for once over there

Bush0102
11-11-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
actually i think the us govnmt killed him on purpose by poison or something.
we really never liked him we just put up with him.i dont think things are going to be good over there until a new leader comes in.however the us will determine who will control palastine.maybe there will be peace for once over there

Actually, i kinda agree with you on his death, i think israel may have some part in it. Israel doesnt care what the world thinks- they will do whatever they deem necessary to keep their country in existence.

There already is a new leader...They elected the former palestinian Prime Minster Mohammad Abbas to take arafat's place, plus the current Prime Minister, Ahmed Qureia, is the only one with real power.

Alot of people dont realize arafat had no real power except his influence. He had so many links to terrorist organizations (the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, who are responsible for many of the bus bombings in israel, have even renamed themselves the Martyr Yasser Arafat Brigade) and was directly responsible for terrorist operations against israel in the 70s, including taking Israel's olympic athletes hostage in the 1972 Munich games.

The US will not control who is chosen as leader of palestine, because they have popular elections to let the palestinian people choose.

Don't worry though, the palestinian leaders are smart, educated, and cooperative with the US. With arafat and his thugs out of the way, the peace process should actually go a little more smoothly.

stupid driver
11-11-2004, 09:27 AM
I believe that this will be better in the long run for the Palestinians. Arafat was too wrapped up w/ power. He always preached for peace, yet his actions led violence. The only downside I can see to his death is the struggle for power that is going to follow. Many people are going to want to take his position. I guess we will see