PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Petcock

Toadz400
11-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Does anyone know of a site where I can buy an aftermarket petcock for my Banshee?

I checked Dennis Kirk and they had one but it is $95!! I don't want to spend that much money on a petcock, I wouldn't think one would cost that much.

Also, what is a good carb size to get when you want more low-mid power. I will be riding this in the woods and the ice drags this winter.

MIKE400EX
11-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Pingels makes petcocks, but they're not cheap.
Keihin 28PWK's are a good choice in trying to keep some bottom end. Still enough flow to make 70+ HP on the top. Throttle response is much improved also since they are flat slide carbs.

Toadz400
11-10-2004, 07:18 PM
I was thinking of getting the 28's, but I was thinking maybe the 30's would be better for a little more power. My Banshee is geared down, so my low end is pretty good right now along with my Fatty pipes.

Dennis Kirk sells the Pingels which are $95, it says on another site that they are for Nitrous/Alcohol Banshees that really need that extra fuel, I'm looking for one that just allows more fuel to go through, not dump the whole tank in. I guess I will just stick with the stock piece of crap.

Anyone know of a place that sells 28's or 30's cheap? The cheapest I've seen the 28's was $250 I believe.

speedy400
11-10-2004, 09:47 PM
well, this is a horrible idea but it'd get yourself more fuel, drill out the stocker petcock, so its basically straight through, then get another fuel switch at any hardwear store, (would connect in about 1/2 way down the fuel line), you can get those pretty nice and straight though. It wouldnt look too clean, but then again function comes before form in my book.-darren

Toadz400
11-10-2004, 09:50 PM
That would probably be good idea Darren, I'll have to pick up a stock petcock and try it out with my old crappy one, so just in case that project fails horribly I have a back up.

I'll make sure to have my Banshee running this time for the ice drags, you have no idea how pissed I was last winter...:mad: .

MIKE400EX
11-11-2004, 08:11 AM
CPW (Carb Parts Warehouse) sells the 28 PWK copies for ~$125 ea. I just purchased one for my sons Blaster. Works great. They are identical, even have the chromed slide. The stock petcock, if functioning properly, will easily support a true 70 HP motor on gasoline. CPW also has the 30's, not sure of the price though. BTW, the 30 is a 28 that has the front end bore elongated. 30's don't come with a chromed slide.

speedy400
11-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
That would probably be good idea Darren, I'll have to pick up a stock petcock and try it out with my old crappy one, so just in case that project fails horribly I have a back up.

I'll make sure to have my Banshee running this time for the ice drags, you have no idea how pissed I was last winter...:mad: .
maybe your gas filter is clogged?, gummed up gas in the filter maybe?, lol that was still fun though last year.-darren

Toadz400
11-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
maybe your gas filter is clogged?, gummed up gas in the filter maybe?, lol that was still fun though last year.-darren

Yea, what gas filter are you talking about? The only filter for the fuel is in the petcock, and I've cleaned that and it still misses like it's not getting enough fuel. Carb is tuned correctly too.

speedy400
11-11-2004, 09:11 PM
sounds like what my 416 was doing when I had the stocker carb on it (was really the floats were way out of adjustment that was the problem). I'd think theres no way your petcock is bad unless its basically just dripping out of the hole with the petcock "on", I'd check your floats..... accually I rember having to adjust mine on my banshee way back in my day.-darren

Toadz400
11-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
sounds like what my 416 was doing when I had the stocker carb on it (was really the floats were way out of adjustment that was the problem). I'd think theres no way your petcock is bad unless its basically just dripping out of the hole with the petcock "on", I'd check your floats..... accually I rember having to adjust mine on my banshee way back in my day.-darren

Already adjusted them, carbs completely cleaned out and everything. Runs fine except for when I pin it, feels like it's not getting gas fast enough. Petcock doesn't seem to be bad, doesn't leak or anything, I've just heard that even on stock Banshee's the stock petcock can give them problems with supplying fuel.