PDA

View Full Version : Nerf bars

SUPERFLY 400
04-16-2002, 08:02 PM
Well its time to spend some money. I'm lookin to put on some nerf bars. I would like to keep it around $180. I would like your commets and experince in helping me make my decession. Any pic's would be helpfull.

Thanks Bro's

MadcapEX
04-16-2002, 08:09 PM
AC, NO QUESTION. 139 for standard, 179 for propeg. I got mine from MOTO-MAN, GOOD SERVICE,QUICK DELIVERY.:)

SUPERFLY 400
04-16-2002, 08:16 PM
What is the difference between propeg and standard?

MadcapEX
04-16-2002, 08:24 PM
The standard which I have,are just the nerf bars,use your stock foot pegs and heel guards, The pros have an aluminum foot peg integrated,and an optional aluminum heel guard,they look pretty trick. I love mine, the ACs have a far superior mounting system than say DG.

Juggalo
04-16-2002, 08:53 PM
i have ac pro pegs with the heelgaurds on mine. i have never seen or rode on a better set of nerfs in my life. their very beefy and the bigger footpeg is awesome. it makes the stock peg feel so tiny if you ever get on a stock one again. i got mine for 179 from atv addiction, their great guys. they were worth every cent. the only complaints i have are the teeth on the footpeg wear down after a while (rath racing has a fix for it), and its kinda hard to install and theres no directions. it was worth all the hassle tho.

Jim300ex
04-16-2002, 09:48 PM
my gradon prolines are nice if ur looking to race there light which is something AC doesnt really have down yet...

Juggalo
04-16-2002, 10:37 PM
the weight of the propegs is pretty heavy but not too much to keep ALOT of the top pros from using them.

dingo
04-17-2002, 11:38 AM
So what is the fix that Rath racing does for the A/C Pro Pegs? I'm look at get propegs to but I hear alot the pegs wear out. I saw a pitcure of a cannondale with cool nerfs. the back of the nerf was bent up to make a guard. I call cannondale see if a company made them but they were proto's. for cannondale. I wanted them on my 400. atv action and sport had a picture.

Red Rooster
04-17-2002, 12:10 PM
Heres the fix.

Red Rooster
04-17-2002, 12:17 PM
http://www.rathracing.com/Serious%20Foot%20Pegs.doc
see if the link works.

SUPERFLY 400
04-17-2002, 07:15 PM
Man I was getting all pumped up about the AC Pro Pegs, unit I heard that the foot pegs where out:confused: But they look awesome:D. I tried to go to that website rooster sent, but could not find the quick fix for the footpegs. As for no directions comming with AC Pro Pegs, thats damn lame. Pay all that money and print up a $2.00 instruction sheet. I'm a mechanic so i better be able to figure it out. Just hope I get all the hardware.

On the Graydon prolines, I've heard some complaints in other post about not getting all the hardware and having to cut/grind to make them fit. Is this true or just some unlucky people out there?

I'm 80% sure of going with AC pro pegs ( the issue about the footpeg wearing out, got me wondering otherwise it would have been 100% propeg).

motoxracer690
04-17-2002, 09:08 PM
One bad thing about the AC pegs.. They rip the heck out of the bottom of your boots!