PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance is getting tough to have!!!

QuadJunkies
11-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Like alot of you all, I had to re-enroll for the year on my 2005 Insurance benefits.
LOTS of CHANGES..... Most arent for the better, I see there is the Flex spending/savings account this year which really wont pertain to us (thank goodness we dont have alot of out of pocket expenses all year!) I have workedfor the same Company now for 10 years and I remember when I started in 1994 my FAMILY premiuim was 34.00 a month:huh barely any deductible 5.00 Dr. Office Copay,perscriptions were 5-15.00(generic or non) boy. have things changed!!!!
My Premium is now 5x's that amt. a month,30.00 copay for Office call, perscritions too political to even cover here!!:o yearly deductioble is now triple , coverage is now LESS and costs MORE:mad:
whats goign to happen to our Health insurance in the next 10 years??? Wages dont increase much if at all, are we all even going to be able to afford it then???:confused:

MY450R
11-10-2004, 12:00 PM
health insurance has gone wwwwaaayyyy up and covers less
actually not to piss anyone off but i still have a 5$ copay for office and rx's

QuadJunkies
11-10-2004, 12:16 PM
well I guess your one of the lucky ones !!!:)
I work for a HUGE Company that has many employees, I think we could do better if they would shop around ,most give good disc. rates for Large Corps. but still as an Ave, most of my freinds all share the same Woes as us :( Whats going to happen is a large percent of the US isnt going to have any insuance cause there isnt enough pay check to take home after !!Thats scary thought for the Ave. income who has 2.5 jobs not being able to afford health care and still paying out the nose for it before they will even pay a cent of the bill.!! something has to change or were gonna see alot of peeps w/o ....

MY450R
11-10-2004, 12:31 PM
actually its part of the divorce that she has to pay for my health insurance haha
thats the only thing she contributes

QuadJunkies
11-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
actually its part of the divorce that she has to pay for my health insurance haha
thats the only thing she contributes LOL!!:p

Raptorchick
11-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I work for a HUGE Company that has many employees, I think we could do better...

Don't bet on it. I work for a very large company as well. Last year we were informed that our benefits were getting cut.
I now pay about the same premium per pay period as you, I have a $200 annual deductible, $30 office copay, the plan only covers 80%, and prescriptions are $15 up to half the cost of the drug.

And to top it off...my employer IS my health insurance company.:grr:

QuadJunkies
11-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by raptorchick
Don't bet on it. I work for a very large company as well. Last year we were informed that our benefits were getting cut.
I now pay about the same premium per pay period as you, I have a $200 annual deductible, $30 office copay, the plan only covers 80%, and prescriptions are $15 up to half the cost of the drug.

And to top it off...my employer IS my health insurance company.:grr: well that bites:o My ole mans insurance coverage got better,but for a HUGE price attatchd to it, therefore we elected my beneifits AGAIN this year:rolleyes: .. Were d@mned if we dont have coverage... and were REALLY d@mned if we dont and something goes terribly wrong...

fastbikes
11-10-2004, 01:37 PM
It is the same for us, Dan's work pays for his insurance and we pay for the rest of the family $350.00 per month. Image what I could by with that!!:grr: ..Anyways his boss came to him last month and told him that health insurance would be going up another $100.00. What can you do, I have to have insurance for all of us. Even Cassidy who don't have a quad(not until christmas) is so accident prone it's not even funny..

Pappy
11-10-2004, 01:40 PM
i have the best insurance that can be had. our premuim is $1100 a month for the 4 of us.

the ONLY reason we get it and its so expensive is simply because the owner of the business i manage can only get and keep health insuarnce if we are on the policy with him due to pre existing conditions. its a joke.

Ericthered rdr
11-10-2004, 01:49 PM
I know what you are saying here. I lost my job back in August. I had killer bennies. I had the choice to go onto Cobra for $875 a month for Med and dental ins. What is really bad is I have a court order to have health ins for my oldest son from my first mistake. I was able to get goverment assistance for the kids. Having a hispanic last name helps when you need goverment assistance... or just be black. I start with a new company in two weeks and they have awsome health insurance. I think the best family plan is $100 a month including dental with no deductables for either. Doctor visits are 10bucks and hospitalizations and surgeries are paid 100%. Now persciptions are another story...generic is 5bucks and namebrands are up to 30bucks. i take Zyrtec for alergies and since Claratin went over the counter it is a $30 copay. To get to the point QJ has....health insurance is too expensive for most people. You can thank your local Tort lawyer for that. Demfuggers are the reason the cost are so high. Oh and the next time you talk to somebody that doesn't pay thier doctors bills thank them for making yours so high.:grr:

chucked
11-10-2004, 02:02 PM
I am on a great plan right now, When I broke my ankle, the total cost of EVERYTHING, emergency room, surgery, follow up visits, was 17 dollars, not including meds which was a 15 co-pay