PDA

View Full Version : TIRES, And what does everyone run???

sharkinthepool
11-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Interested in getting a set of Dune tires. I have looked at the stars, kenda gecko's, sand sharks, I have seen a bunch in the past couple of days...

...Is there really that big of difference? I was going to go with the 20x11-10 GBC sand sharks or the Gecko's with C-series wheels.

As for the fronts, I have a spr set of 10X5 ITP polished wheels, I just have to find a decent tire. Something like a 21X7X10.

Any suggestions?

kssandduner
11-10-2004, 11:36 AM
What kind of bike are they for?? I was running Geckos on my 450R, but recently ditched them for 8 paddle Haulers. BIG improvement!! I would choose haulers over either of the tires you listed. And don't let anyone tell you that straights don't turn very well!

Joe

zephead400ex
11-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by kssandduner
What kind of bike are they for?? I was running Geckos on my 450R, but recently ditched them for 8 paddle Haulers. BIG improvement!! I would choose haulers over either of the tires you listed. And don't let anyone tell you that straights don't turn very well!

Joe

I agree on 2 points: Gecko's suck a fat one and straight cut paddles do turn well, just give a little body english!

I run Turbo Paddles, 8 paddle straight cut. These are almost 1/2 the price of Haulers, same tire!

Do a seach for Turbo paddles, there have been a few post about them.

jdwxv3
11-10-2004, 12:50 PM
I have a set of 10 inch rims. They are ITP .190's They are in great shape. They came off a yamaha. Have maybe 2hrs on them. IF you are interested tell me if not they go on ebay.

sharkinthepool
11-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Sorry about that they are for a 400ex.

Sorry jdwxv3. If I buy a set of paddles that I intend on using only a few times a year I am going to go with the C-series make it stand out a little more!

I thought about 8" and just using my beadlocks but the sand would probably polish the pc off of them.

SAND LUVR
11-10-2004, 03:18 PM
What kind of riding will you be doing? Drag racing, driving around what?
ok stay away from geckos. They suck. I have front ITP sand stars and those are great. I also have sand sharks in back and I can make it up any hill with no problem at all.

ckasper18
11-10-2004, 04:34 PM
I have several different sets Geckos AMS Haulers and i do like the haulers straight paddle best.For a stock 400ex or even one with some mods i would use a 7 or 8 paddle.....Chris

sharkinthepool
11-11-2004, 05:07 AM
Sweet. Thanks for the info. guys. Like I said, I have never been so any info any of you supply is appreciated.

OK SAND LUVR, you said you can make it up any hill. Does it come into play around where I am at? I mean like "the outer banks" or "Silver Lake"? I can imagine the dunes out toward Arizona are a little more questionable. But I live in the Mid-west where you just do not see sand unless you travel.