PDA

View Full Version : stator wires?

rebel red ex
11-09-2004, 08:17 PM
can anyone tell me what the 4 wires coming out of the stator are.there are two green one yellow and one red/black[i know the red/black is for the on/off switch] and i think one of the green ones is a ground. but what the hell is the other green one and yellow wire for? the extra green wire and yellow wire are connected with a connector and capped off? so where were they supposed to go?

oldsandman
11-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Their should be a green/white, blue/yellow from the pulse generator. A white and black/red from the alternator. These go through the stator cover the g/w, blue/y go to the cdi with a two pin conector. the black/red go to the cdi the white goes to the stop switch with single soderless connectors

rebel red ex
11-10-2004, 05:15 PM
ok to clear this up those are the four wires besides the pulse generator wires.lol i knew the pulse generator wires. but what the hell is the yellow and green wire connected togather for?the headlight maybe? help please

rebel red ex
11-10-2004, 06:34 PM
i screwed up the colors. there are two yellow wires and one green. the black red goes to the kill switch where it plugs into a single solderless plug. the one yellow wire goes to the regulator and the kill switch. then i have a green and yellow wire still connected that are capped. should have one of the yellow wires gone to either the regulator or the kill switch while the other yellow wire went to the other plug. cause in my harness the regulator and kill switch yellow/white wires are spliced togather. and as for the green wire should it be spliced into the ground wire?

oldsandman
11-11-2004, 12:50 PM
yes the green should be spliced to ground. Green wire should come from the coil and cdi go to ground and stop switch. I'm doing this from memory...I'm running a cr ignition and can't find my stocker. Also after '86 the green also ran to the ignition switch.

rebel red ex
11-11-2004, 05:54 PM
yea but what is the other yellow wire that is connected to the green wire for?

rebel red ex
11-11-2004, 05:55 PM
also what are the advantages to running a cr setup?

oldsandman
11-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Updated electronics, better spark, lighter flywheel. I'll try to find a wiring diagram tommorow at the shop, I just can't see it in my head. Sorry.