PDA

View Full Version : Clutch springs

nakomis0
04-16-2002, 06:51 PM
Is there a torque setting for the clutch bolts? I'm talking about the 5 bolts on the clutch plates, that compress the clutch springs.

If there is no specific torgue setting, How tight do I tighten them down?

Also is there a performance difference if you use more new springs than old? (3 new/ 2 old)

And Does Barnett ,ake different types of clutches? I thought the one I had in there was a Barnett, Dirt digger? or something like that. And my new one is a Barnett Kevlar Series K? Anyone know the difference? tnx.

Leo
04-17-2002, 03:27 PM
from the Honda service manual;

"install the clutch springs and bolts. Tighten the bolts in a crisscross patterin in several steps"

I can't find a torque spec listed.

That's about all the help I can give you :( Even running synthetic oil, I've yet to have to tear into my clutch :D

Leo

nakomis0
04-17-2002, 05:51 PM
Ya Leo I was reading the same manual info. I ended up calling a pro, and he said tighten them till they bottom out.

Its very hard to tell when they bottom out. I think I'm just to HUGE!! :) I ended up breaking the darn bolt .. :(. Second bolt I broke on this darn machine sense I owned it. , oh well, gotta learn somehow.

RED121572
04-19-2002, 03:55 PM
I installed the K Series clutch a few months back and had the same problem. Best answer I got was tighten them so that the bolts are snug. I was also told its possible to overtighten them.