PDA

View Full Version : integra or CRX

400exbiggun
11-09-2004, 05:56 PM
IM looking into a project car.

My sisters boyfriend has a v-tech civic. He is just dropping in a newer v-tech motor in it, and some more crap with hopes of getting it over 200 hp.

I forget what he got. He already has DC headers, cold air intake, just bought a cam, he is looking into a supercharger now also, he got a bunch of other things but i forget.

His car is going to look nice as well, the definition of a "ricer"

so me and him kinda both want a project.

IM thinking either a integra or a CRX. I want something decent. I know the integras are faster then the CRX.

Now for the price it would cost to get a low mile GSR integra, i could possibly drop the complete b16a1 motor swap into the crx.

Which do you think would be better. I can get a beat..possibly blown motor CRX for REAL cheap, or like a 95 or around GSR integra for like 4-5k. THe motor swap i found a complete kit with tranny, axles, electrical, etc for $1700+shipping of $200.

Just looking for input. I think the CRX would be awsome, the power to weight ratio would make that a killer car.

Rither car i get im going to make a "ricer"
paint, body kit, some carbon fiber....possibly a turbo if i get enough money.

IM working 2 jobs now...so my second will get the crx or integra.

Brad
11-09-2004, 06:27 PM
crx is lighter, it being a hatchback

i think the crx because with the weight of the crx i think you could get it to more hp compared to the integra

WhiteZee
11-09-2004, 08:41 PM
get something other then a honda, for the love of god. maybe a s13 240sx with a sr20det swap. or a 1g awd dsm. im so sick of seeing people do engine swaps to hondas and still not break into the 8's in the 1/8 mile.

Syrus
11-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Get the teg.

Moto92
11-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Get the GSR for sure. And when you get it Ive got a set of clear front turn signal lenses and clear taillights Ill sell you. The are the true clear lenses too, not that ugly euro crap the sell now. Ive even got a set of the street glow strobe lights for all four corners with the control module that you put inside the car. You can change the flash patterns and speed of the lights.

DillonTMNT
11-09-2004, 11:19 PM
*redneck voice* Get yerself a Dogde Dart....drop dat der hemi into it and get er donneeee...*/redneck voice*

-Dillon

Stevie-D
11-10-2004, 07:10 AM
out of the 2 cars, i'd go with the integra. a friend of mine has one. 5-speed. fun car to drive. 3 15" subs , all amplified, makes for some extremely loud country music:eek2: :D

honda_runner
11-10-2004, 07:11 AM
Tegs are crazy, when they're built.

EPDP99
11-10-2004, 07:45 AM
go with the crx.... My bros in the process of building a b18 v-tec conversion with turbo pushing 20lbs of boost. He is also putining a b16zc swap in it right now and building the b18 on the side.

quadrcr161
11-10-2004, 08:29 AM
2nd time it didnt let me post, WTF?

danmit, i had everything typed out then it couldnt find the server,
here i go again....

1st off figured out what the hell you are talking about, v-tech is a cordless phone, its not going to give you any HP, its vtec damnit. learn what it is and how it works if your going to talk about it. body kits, big wings, and big wheels just make you look stupid, that was back in the late 90's. remeber function over fashion.

depending on what you plan on doing with the car will help you figure out which one would be best for you. if yourlooking for a nice car to drive, that can be fun, either car will do pretty well for that, the GSR is nicer on the inside since it is newer and has more oprions. if your looking for a daily driver/killer autox car the crx is the way to go. if your looking for a car to parking lot pimp and street race, forget owning a car and just start taking the bus because you dont have the responsability to operate a vehicle.

you need to learn about what parts will swap over from one car to the other, its a honda, almost everything will swap over. you need to learn which motor put out what HP and the ups and downs are of each. which trim levels of each car is the best. what OBD wiring is. what ecus run what and will swap. its just going and buying the parts, each swap needs different things if its being done correctly, which i bet over 1/2 of the swaps out there isnt.

onthe cars, the crx is a good small car that has pretty good backing, handles well and will swap with better newer parts. it is old and not as many options, in the US anyway. if you look for a crx, look for a 90-91. (SOHC, 107 HP max int he SI)

the teg will have more options, better interior and more HP stock,(Ls 160hp DOHC, GSR 180hp, Type R 190HP) the type r is too over rated, and too expensive. if your looking, try to find one stock, you have a better chance of it being taken care of.

forget the B16, its a torqueless motor that will get the CRX into the 14's, not impressive. :rolleyes:
if you have any more question i can tryt o find the info for you. ive been around my share of swaps, and have 2 friends with over 25 yrs of experience each at building hondas.

WhiteZee
11-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
Get the GSR for sure. And when you get it Ive got a set of clear front turn signal lenses and clear taillights Ill sell you. The are the true clear lenses too, not that ugly euro crap the sell now. Ive even got a set of the street glow strobe lights for all four corners with the control module that you put inside the car. You can change the flash patterns and speed of the lights.
ricer.

Originally posted by quadrcr161
body kits, big wings, and big wheels just make you look stupid.

amen.

300ex_rider1121
11-10-2004, 06:59 PM
ummm are u slow or something:rolleyes: :huh a vtech is a honda engine

flat_track400ex
11-10-2004, 07:23 PM
or go w/ a DSM get an AWD turbo talon or eclipse cant go wrong w/ them i owned 2 or them a 91 that i was running 14.4 w/ jsut cat back exhuast, K&n and BOV on it and i owned a 95 w/ exhaust, FMIC, BOV boost controller and K&n and i was running 14.0 everyting night at the strip smoking hondas w/ motor work other than the prelude that had 10g in his but u oput that much money in a motor is better run 13.2

fasterz
11-10-2004, 07:44 PM
out of the 2, go with the CRX, a few of my buddies have done them as project racers. they caged up and ripped out the interior and dropped b18s in them with turbo. even when they one was non turbo it was still real quick. they handle really good with some suspension. you can find blown up ones for a few hundred dollars. my one buddy got one from a UPS man for a sandwich...true story... grown ups dont see fun in these old crxs. its a hatch so its light so once you get somethin betetr than the stock 90hp motor it really moves quite well especially for the price you pay. as stated in someone elses posts alot of honda parts are interchangeable. just find out the cpu nd stuff you need to get for the differnt motor. alot of this can be found at junkyards for a few bucks you just need to know how to tell of its still good.

SRH
11-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
2nd time it didnt let me post, WTF?

danmit, i had everything typed out then it couldnt find the server,
here i go again....

1st off figured out what the hell you are talking about, v-tech is a cordless phone, its not going to give you any HP, its vtec damnit. learn what it is and how it works if your going to talk about it. body kits, big wings, and big wheels just make you look stupid, that was back in the late 90's. remeber function over fashion.

depending on what you plan on doing with the car will help you figure out which one would be best for you. if yourlooking for a nice car to drive, that can be fun, either car will do pretty well for that, the GSR is nicer on the inside since it is newer and has more oprions. if your looking for a daily driver/killer autox car the crx is the way to go. if your looking for a car to parking lot pimp and street race, forget owning a car and just start taking the bus because you dont have the responsability to operate a vehicle.

you need to learn about what parts will swap over from one car to the other, its a honda, almost everything will swap over. you need to learn which motor put out what HP and the ups and downs are of each. which trim levels of each car is the best. what OBD wiring is. what ecus run what and will swap. its just going and buying the parts, each swap needs different things if its being done correctly, which i bet over 1/2 of the swaps out there isnt.

onthe cars, the crx is a good small car that has pretty good backing, handles well and will swap with better newer parts. it is old and not as many options, in the US anyway. if you look for a crx, look for a 90-91. (SOHC, 107 HP max int he SI)

the teg will have more options, better interior and more HP stock,(Ls 160hp DOHC, GSR 180hp, Type R 190HP) the type r is too over rated, and too expensive. if your looking, try to find one stock, you have a better chance of it being taken care of.

forget the B16, its a torqueless motor that will get the CRX into the 14's, not impressive. :rolleyes:
if you have any more question i can tryt o find the info for you. ive been around my share of swaps, and have 2 friends with over 25 yrs of experience each at building hondas.

lol v- tech is also a learning computer you can get from toys r us

jahaiap
11-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Brad
crx is lighter, it being a hatchback

i think the crx because with the weight of the crx i think you could get it to more hp compared to the integra
integras are hatchbacks too

lil400exman
11-11-2004, 08:16 AM
get a generation II RX-7 and beat em up! much more car for the money! and if you have driven one you will be hooked!:macho

UglyMotha™
11-11-2004, 08:18 AM
personally i'd go with the sunfire :o

lil400exman
11-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
personally i'd go with the sunfire :o
'Type R no doubt!:cool:

quadrcr161
11-11-2004, 09:45 AM
it all depends on what you are going to use the car for. both are great daily drivers and there are ton of other cars to choose from. just dont get all worked up dropping tons of work and money to run with another stock car.

big_poppa49
11-11-2004, 12:55 PM
A friend of mine is putting a integra motor in a crx. He's making a wide body kit for it out of fiberglass. I thinka hood too. So that things going to be light. I say if you like the looks of a CRX better, do that, but if you like the looks of a teg better, I would go with that...just my .02

Out_Sider
11-11-2004, 04:11 PM
if i was goin to get a car of this type (sport compact) i wouldn't even worry about the body kit or hood, or stuff like that. just do the motor mods, with a full exhaust w/o a can, and just make it all go and no show, maybe some 16in aluminum wheels just to give it some kind of look

400exbiggun
11-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_rider1121
ummm are u slow or something:rolleyes: :huh a vtech is a honda engine

dude your a freaking retard, read what you just wrote.

any one here know about the impreza 2.5rs???

IM pretty sure i want to sell the jeep during the summer (need a 4x4 for winter) and thinking of getting a car.

Still undecided.

300ex_rider1121
11-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Accord Coupe LX V-6 24-Valve SOHC VTEC®

Accord Coupe EX V-6 24-Valve SOHC VTEC®

Accord Sedan LX V-6 24-Valve SOHC VTEC®

o so a vtec isnt a honda engine

400exbiggun
11-14-2004, 06:18 PM
what the hell are you trying to say?

BUILT TO RIDE
11-14-2004, 06:18 PM
why dont you get a real car rather then pouring 10 grand in a ricer, buy a muscle car for 10 grand that'll run 11's stock. When my dad was a teenager his friend had a charger 440 magnum, and that ran a mid 11 with stock tires and everything at atco.

300ex_rider1121
11-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 400exbiggun
dude your a freaking retard, read what you just wrote.

any one here know about the impreza 2.5rs???

IM pretty sure i want to sell the jeep during the summer (need a 4x4 for winter) and thinking of getting a car.

Still undecided.
um lets see *** its a honda engine y dont u read wat u wrote

400exbiggun
11-14-2004, 06:22 PM
who the hell said a vtec wasnt a honda engine?