PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Pricing and Ideas

Matt400ex_17
11-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Ok heres is what i wanna get done in the next couple months give me any info ya got and opinions!!!

Roll Design Long Travel A-arms : Im pretty set on these but not sure of pricing and availability does anyone have these? How much and where did you get them or what else would some of you compare these too?

PEP Long travel Fully adjustable shocks all around: Im 100% on these have them on 400 and love them rode other bikes with tcs and elka and did not like the feel as much as with the PEP does anyone know what i will be looking at spending for these?

Lonestar Axle : 100% on this also whats your expierences on these so far no probs with the one on the 400.

Either Roll or Lonestar swinger w/ aftermarket carrier : Not sure on prices or availability on these either let me know how you like em if you have one and how much and where? Also what length im thinkin +1 or roll even has a + 1/2 .

Im a 90% mx rider the rest gncc. The 400 though after these mods will be used for the woods im riding 4 stroke c and im kinda upset i didnt get long travel for the 400 and dont wanna make the same mistake on the 450. i weigh 190 soaking wet with gear on. the mods are in sig and carb, ignition, piston, port and polish.

Matt102
11-09-2004, 05:52 PM
A-Arms: If I were you I would check out Herrmann Racing's a-arms. They are very similar to the roll-design arms for a couple hundred less. They're only $775 versus like a grand. You can check them out at www.herrmannracing.com They have a link on their home page that says herrmann racing 450r with a bunch of pics.

Shocks: PEP is a good choice. I heard they set the shocks up for the rider REALLY good. And they have good, competitive prices.

Axle: I have the lonestar on my machine and love it. It took some pretty hard jump cases this year and it held up great.

swingarm: I would get maybe a +1" or something like that. At least an inch anyways. Prices are pretty competitive from all the companies for swingarms so I would say which ever one looks the coolest.

the_hulkamaniac
11-09-2004, 07:36 PM
If you are looking to get LT for the front if you can $$$ get a LT set-up rear. Swing-arm and linkage, Houser($900.00), Holtz($1295.00) & Walsh($1339.00) currently have these available. More will come out sooner or later. Most swing-arms seem to be 1 1/4" longer.

The good thing about the Houser is you don't need there linkage right away you can add it later. Saves 350.00.

That's if you are planning to buy a rear shock later, you may as well only buy one. Not change you mind and find out you screwed.

Final option to confuse the issue is gt-thunder rear linkage and shock rebuild/revalve. Many have said it's a good choice and fairly inexpensive.

I also think the Herrmans are a good choice, they look good. There is a review on dougguest.com. Kinda old now I think but still viable.

R3Concepts
11-09-2004, 09:03 PM
I can hook it up with LSR parts. 734 for DC4 LT arms. 350 for axle. 537 swinger. All brand new parts. Also dont get fully adjustable PEP shocks. You dont need rebound ARC shocks. Get 20 click ZPS for 895, or get the ARCs for 1650. LSR mx swingers are +1 and the DC4s are +2.

Matt400ex_17
11-10-2004, 02:44 PM
those zps shocks is that the price for long travel???

R3Concepts
11-10-2004, 06:26 PM
PEPs prices dont change for standard or LT.

Martin Blair
11-10-2004, 10:16 PM
If your running a 450r, and have enough for a roll front end then this is what i would do, best buy far.

A-arms: ARS/FX arms and axis lt shocks $ 2400 retail

Swingarm: Wlash Savior kit with Axis shock, the kit i think is arround 1000 and the shcok is 700-800 so $1700-2000

Axle: RPM dominator

This is the best stuuf in my opionon. However I do not magically pull cash out of my *** so Im going with front elkas and gt thunder rear link and revalve on stock arms for XC less the $1000 and a world of difference from stock.