PDA

View Full Version : Foot of the Mountain....

pineway
11-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Wheres this place at? I am trying to go up to the D6 race there next weekend. Also, whats the track like? thanks.

MadSea862
11-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Reasner Lane-HCR 62
PO Box 3
Neelyton, PA 17239

Phone#814-259-3827 or 717-632-8171

email:ftofmountain@pa.net

Thier about 5 miles southest of the intersection of Rte. 522 and Rte. 641 near the village of Neelyton.

Not sure if they have a website or not.

Type that info into mapquest.

Derno24
11-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Pineway: It is like 2 1/2 hrs form you out the turnpike past Carlisle. As for the track......Call it rocky! With some rocks thrown in. Not sure I may be making the trip myself.

cletusEX
11-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
Pineway: It is like 2 1/2 hrs form you out the turnpike past Carlisle. As for the track......Call it rocky! With some rocks thrown in. Not sure I may be making the trip myself.

Yeah definitely rocky! And it always seems to be wet no matter if it has rained anytime soon.

11-11-2004, 05:31 AM
fotm is a fun track kinda rocky but it s a good track. it s a real harescramble. i m going up on the 14 th but i m not racing. last time there i trashed my z. so it s still getting worked on. i broke my frame, tore off my sub frame, my chain broke a hole on my main case. broke both my sprokets. bent my rotor, and my clutch is gone. but it was fun. :devil:

jlhughes750
11-11-2004, 06:51 AM
I think they have the track points prizes this weekend, I hope i can go!!!

My son's singin in church, I kinda want to see that. It'll be a close trip , but I might make it!!

400exvette
11-11-2004, 07:41 AM
I'll be there with my son for his first race. My wrist still needs more healing time so I can't race....but I actually like that track. It is a real XC race, a little bit of everything - with alot of rocks thrown in for good measure! Hey Derno you better say hi this time. Last race you pitted right next to us and I didn't get a chance to catch you. You got there late and left early! That was my pit crew that got you started again in the woods....maybe see ya there!

m250r
11-11-2004, 05:04 PM
raced there two months ago and there was actually dust? They had to close down the "flattrack" section because it kicked up too much dust. Hughes you were there right? But yeah two words for that track....Rocky!!!!

Derno24
11-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by 400exvette
I'll be there with my son for his first race. My wrist still needs more healing time so I can't race....but I actually like that track. It is a real XC race, a little bit of everything - with alot of rocks thrown in for good measure! Hey Derno you better say hi this time. Last race you pitted right next to us and I didn't get a chance to catch you. You got there late and left early! That was my pit crew that got you started again in the woods....maybe see ya there!

Hey I want to thank your pit crew again. They were awesome! It doesn't look good for me though. I have a wife ready to pop with our first baby. I thought she would have delivered by now, but I guess not. I see this kid is going to hamper my racing.

As for the last race. I was happy I didn't finish last so I looked at the board and went on my way. Don't worry I will catch up with you soon!

400exvet
11-15-2004, 06:39 AM
great day for racing......but a terrible quad turn out:( . I would say no more than 20 quads total. Is it really the rocks that keep people away from that race? They have a great race there but the turn out is typically very low. The people are great, the location is perfect for both dist 6 & 7, I think it is a perfect XC course, yes - maybe a little rocky and hard on equipment....but thats XC right? Did I say how nice and helpful the entire staff is? Plus, my son ran his first race at seven on his eton 50...he got first place (don't tell anyone but he was the only one in the class....hey its still first!) but they still gave him a 5' trophy:eek: ...you still can't get that smile off his face....looks like this:D but much bigger. He was slow but never stopped the whole race...it was mostly due to his completely stock quad...tires and all. By the time you add the weight of the mud on him and the quad, it barely had enough power to get up the hills and spin in the mud...he was rockin though:macho trying to get it to go faster:p . Hopefully see all y'all at Delaware. Later

cdrookie
11-15-2004, 07:50 AM
i think there was only 14 quads there. the rocks keep alot of people away but the distance is another factor. seems like most of the dist 6 racers are from the allentown, wilkes barre/scranton area. that would explain the good turnouts for the races in those areas plus they can draw the racers from jersey over. i'm kind of suprised FoM doesn't do any dist 5 races, they're closer to 5 than 6.