PDA

View Full Version : fcr,lectron,edlebrock

edge91
11-09-2004, 03:26 PM
I'm looking for some info, i am building a 426, with a hot cam stage2, and weisco 11:1 piston. I was gong to get a fcr 39mm carb for it. Well when I went to order it the guy told me I would be better off buying a edelbrock that it would be a better choice for throttle response and and that i would not have to worry about jetting because it used a metering rod. Whats your opinion adn experiences, i don't want to spend all this money and not like the results.

REAPER
11-09-2004, 04:04 PM
My Edelbrock 440 carb has been flawless for a whole season now and so far so good. I did have to drill out my throttle to acheive full throttle, but other than that...Daddy likes Reaper

TW450R#4
11-09-2004, 07:46 PM
I dont know about the edelbrock but the lectron carbs are a pain to get set up right. The thing never ran right with that carb no matter how many times we changed it. When we did get it running ok it would have to be messed with every time ya rode it. The lectrons use the metering rod like the edelbrocks but i dont think that it is much better than a jet setup. I wouldnt recommend a lectron for sure and i would just stick with the fcr if iwere you

liltazz
11-09-2004, 09:24 PM
i have a lectron 40mm carb and i have had zero problems with it and i raced two seasons and only adjusted the idle. I bought mine from fast by gast they are excelent to deal with.

EXDUNER127
11-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Get an FCR, you wont go wrong that way, they have a built in accelerator pump, and give very good throttle response! Havent had one problem, and very easy to tune!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-10-2004, 10:41 AM
I would also recommend the FCR I have had both the fcr and the edlebrock and the fcr has more get up and go. don't get me wrong I like the edlebrock easy to use but didn't seem to pull as hard as the fcr did.

edge91
11-10-2004, 08:52 PM
thanks guys I am ordering the fcr today