PDA

View Full Version : Best XC Pipe for YFZ 450

4StrokeThunder
11-09-2004, 08:43 AM
I am looking at buying a pipe before next racing season but I wasn't sure what the best pipe with the most power would be...? I have heard alot of things about different brands, but I wanted to know what you guys thought before I order one.

5valves
11-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Thats a question everyone has a diffrent opinion on. After 16 months my GYTR has fallen apart though. I am going with a Dr. D, HMF ballance, or a thunder alley next. I havent decided which.
I dont really think there is that much diffrence, I am going for best low end power gains and something that will hold up well.

YFZ racer #13
11-11-2004, 06:13 AM
I like the Duncan Fat Boy 4. It has alot of low-end torque.

jlhughes750
11-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Sparks is my choice!!

I had the Dr. D first, but the top mount is centered on the silencer shell and the caliper destroys it when u really start jumpin. I race XC and still had a problem with the silecer hittin.....

The Sparks is mounted off to the side and has never given me a problem. The power difference is unreal, the Sparks really lets the YFZ wind out!!!!! I have not repacked mine yet after 20-30 hours and I still passed sound check at Powerline Park GNCC this fall.

The Sparks pipe makes the most HP period!!!!!!!!!!!
in my opinion:D

Yamahauler_04
11-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Empty? Use the full roll and it is quieter.