PDA

View Full Version : Thumb throttle is to ruff...help?

WM-VP
11-09-2004, 07:52 AM
I am very new to the "riding" world and need a lot of help here and there. I went riding last Sunday and when I was going down the trails I noticed that my thumb button that controls the throttle has almost like two stages to it, its easy to push until it slightly catches in the middle then its kind of ruff when you really hammer down on it, the bike runs fine, and sounds good, its just hard to push the button a little. My buddy who is a mechanic says I should try "cleaning the throttle cable" I have a little idea on what I should be doing but I was wondering if I could get some help from the people who ride the same machine as me.

Thanks, JB

Pappy
11-09-2004, 07:53 AM
you can buy a cable luber and oil it...or replace it if needed.

sickmojave
11-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Replace the cable. if it hangs at the wrong time you'll wish you had spent the money to fix it right. don't risk your life on a cheap cable. you can get a new cable for about $16. ;)

WM-VP
11-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Cool, so I think I will just buy a new cable. Thanks for the help guys, its nice to know I don't have to wait on a Japanese help line for 2 hours just to get an answer like that.

Thanks, JB

NacsMXer
11-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by WM-VP
Cool, so I think I will just buy a new cable. Thanks for the help guys, its nice to know I don't have to wait on a Japanese help line for 2 hours just to get an answer like that.

Thanks, JB
LMAO, Japanese helpline. :p EXRiders is all you should know Son!! :cool:

serpent
11-11-2004, 06:07 AM
someting like that happen in my quad (400ex) and everyone tell my to me check the throttle cable and check the cable and's is fine and found'it that he was the carburator slider it was rust and mud in the interior the sintoms are the same it you have, is if the throttle have two stages just m two cents .