PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems

kyle
11-08-2004, 09:22 PM
i have had my z die on me at the lst 4 races about an hour into the race i race cross country. i thought it ws the carb cause it would bog down and then die like it was fooded but i have had three different carbs on it and it does the exact same thing everytime. so it would have to be electrical i think. has anyone had this prob and if so has anyone found a cure?

Kev
11-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Check the float needle and seat. Clean them with some steel wool, they seem to stick.
I had same problem, it would act like it was flooded and would even leak gas through the overflow.
One of my friends had similiar problem.

yoshz400rider
11-10-2004, 12:16 PM
check the coil wire thats what happened to mine its in the front under the gas tank take the tank off and play with the wire see if it runs and starts up mine would run then quit run and quit thought it was my carb to then my brother said check the coil wire bingo

jjo95xc
11-13-2004, 08:49 PM
that happened to me at the ironman national ...thought i got some water in the airbox ..it kept boggin down and breakin up ...i had cleaned the carb good the week before the race so i knew it wasnt dirty...took it home and was going over it and found that the ignition coil wire was loose... havnt had a problem since...hope this helps ya out man... good luck