PDA

View Full Version : rear brake pads.

nakomis0
04-16-2002, 03:34 PM
I'm putting my new rear pads on, and they don't seem to fit. I mean they must fit, but im missing something. Heres the situation....

It seem the gap between the pads is smaller than the rotors width. I have like a 1/8" gap in between the pads, and the rotor is maybe about 1/4".

I have the caliper pushed in. Anyone know what I'm talking about here? I'm gonna look in the forums real quick and then go out there and mess with it again....

nakomis0
04-16-2002, 03:36 PM
and i have a block off, no e brake

nakomis0
04-16-2002, 03:51 PM
It looks like the bracket on the caliper, that holds the caliper to the swingarm is in the way. The bracket is located under where the new pads go, and it looks like the rotor would fit, inbetween the pads bud this darn brackets in the way.
It looks like the bracket is held on by atleast 1 allen head bolt, and the and the second bolt I cant see because theres a rubber cover over it. erm... do i have to remove this bracket maybe?...

nakomis0
04-16-2002, 03:56 PM
OMG... ok I just pushed that damn bracket I was talking about, with my bare hands and it went in... :) ..oops.

I'm reeeaaal dumb. :P

ChadEXer
04-16-2002, 03:57 PM
you shouldnt have to. What kind of pads are they?? i bought some EBC pads for mine once(for a 400EX) and they didnt fit right. the pads were too thick. i got some new stock pads and they fit right in perfect!!! they labeled the package wrong on the EBC's!!!

nakomis0
04-16-2002, 06:10 PM
ya they are ebc, I just didnt know the bracket moved like that.

SUPERFLY 400
04-16-2002, 07:08 PM
New rear brakes dont fit. Try backing off your E-brake, back of your jam nut and back off your screw for your E-brake. Then put your new pads on and readjust E-brake. I had the same problem.