PDA

View Full Version : Best Rev Box For A 440ex??

frogburner
11-08-2004, 05:26 PM
What rev box does everybody prefer on a built motor that will easily handle the higher revs??

foleyit
11-08-2004, 08:29 PM
I have a Dynatek ignition on my 416. If you are looking for higher rev limit unless DynaTek changes anything anytime soon. You probably won't want one of their units. Their units tops out a 9600 rpms. The power curves from this unit are great, and the the curve settings awesome.

airheadedduner
11-08-2004, 09:54 PM
I just stuck with stock and raised my gearing. I hit the limiter less then when I had a WB one.

skippy
11-09-2004, 09:26 AM
i guess gt thunders is pretty good idk thoe i still run a stock one

kargaaro
11-10-2004, 05:09 AM
I got mine from Magic racing. IMO it was necessary to get the full use of power out of that.

jahaiap
11-10-2004, 08:34 PM
a lot of ppl get the rev boxes for stock bikes, but that doesnt makes sense to me because its not like its giving any more power. they think they need it because they hit the rev limiter often, but thats because they need to shift sooner because the bike is breathing harder. if you look on a dyno the power has already begun to decline and your not going to gain anything by revving out higher...but with that 440 kit that might help if you are making your peak power at a higher rpm...to be on the safe side i would go with a well known company is you get one even though many of them are probably manufactured by the same place and packaged for diff companys