PDA

View Full Version : trail-tech speedo

dingo
04-16-2002, 02:33 PM
I just put on my Trail-Tech computer speedo. kida of a pain to put on. What does anyone think of them? I have renthal bars and I ahve the Speedo next to the clutch lever, I need to repostion it because the day I crash it will break.

Sparky416ex
04-16-2002, 02:37 PM
I love them. Just make sure you set it up right. The first day i had mine i thought my 400 would go 132 mph!!

EXtreme-
04-16-2002, 08:52 PM
check this out for great setup tips.....

setup (http://209.120.142.52/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11940)

VegasEx'r
04-16-2002, 11:57 PM
I put mine where Sparky put his. It is pretty well protected there.

dingo
04-17-2002, 11:24 AM
Well I just figured my front tire was 22 inch converted it to (mm) them multiplied it by pie. I rode it it seems arrurate. Although, it is a pain to recalibrate the computer, pushing the buttons in right order and hold them down the right second.
I attempted to glue the magnet on the wheel I saw in a magazine so I bought the bolt from trail-tech it was very clean and nice. I bought my computer at Walmart and the rest from Trail Tech.
If you need to convert the numbers there are converters on the internet look up converstion

exrider123
01-02-2003, 08:46 PM
sparky is that an extension on your renthals?...i cant mount the trail tech because my bars are to low and hits the gas cap did u also have this problem ?

exrider123
01-02-2003, 09:15 PM
bump

HiperEX
01-04-2003, 12:02 AM
do u guys think one of them bike speedos would work that u can buy from wal mart ect. would work on a qaud but you would prolly have to custom something to make that lill magnet type thing to stay on the wheel

muff
01-04-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by dingo
I just put on my Trail-Tech computer speedo. kida of a pain to put on. What does anyone think of them? I have renthal bars and I ahve the Speedo next to the clutch lever, I need to repostion it because the day I crash it will break.

I love mine, I've got it in a fairly protected spot but not like sparky's

Originally posted by HiperEX
do u guys think one of them bike speedos would work that u can buy from wal mart ect. would work on a qaud but you would prolly have to custom something to make that lill magnet type thing to stay on the wheel

you could probably use one of those, I've heard of people on here who have, but you'll need to rig something together for the magnet, with the trail tech it gives you a magnet bolt to replace one of the rotor bolts and you have to drill a hole in the spindle for the other side of the magnet, if I were you I'd just buy the trail tech so you dont run into any problems

here's where mines located

Woodsrider
01-04-2003, 08:05 AM
Mine is in the same spot as Muffs and I have rolled my quad :( without damaging it. The plastic mounts are pretty forgiving of you don't overtighten them.

luvmyex
01-05-2003, 07:53 AM
the one from walmart are for a bike.They dont last,atleast mine didnt.Something about the vibreation>sp? messes them up.

Sparky416ex
01-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Mine is in the same spot as Muffs and I have rolled my quad :( without damaging it. The plastic mounts are pretty forgiving of you don't overtighten them.

I know everyone that sees mine on te trail say "i woudnt have on id break it" Ive never damaged mine and weve rolled em and everything!!!

Heres another pic...only its on teh 300...i have the lights too