PDA

View Full Version : Pre race warm up routine?

maggiesboy
11-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Why, I repeat why do the parents of mini riders start the machines up so early and just rev the hell out of those things? Saturday night was my boys first race ever. We are waiting in the staging area, it is raining and some moron dad is in front of us holding the rear end up reving his kids engine for 10 minutes! WHY? IT DOES NOTHING FOR YOUR KID. ALL IT DOES DO IS PISS PEOPLE OFF! YOU ARE SLINGING MUD AND WATER ALL OVER EVERYONE BEHIND YOU! It is cold and wet and I have to take my jacket off to keep my boy clean and dry by covering him with it from the handle bars up over his helmet. You are also so smart that you child has had his goggles on for this whole time. Now they are covered in crap from the jerk in front of you. Did I mention that they are aslo fogged up as well?

Here come the replys..... "I have to rev it up to keep it from loading up". my reply mix the gas correctly genius.
......"the bike has to get warmed up somehow" my reply thats is what the pits are for, not the staging area

I start my kids bike up in the pit area, get his helmet on. he rides it at a slow pace to the staging area then he shuts it down. I cover him up to avoid the smoke and water slinging. This whole time I push him ahead in line. When the heat before his on line, I restart his engine, He now has a few minutes 2-3 to put any "lost heat back in the engine" he puts his goggles on, that I've had under my shirt to keep them clean and dry and he goes out on a 40cc ETON and put the spank on all of the other kids in his class, and these kids are riding at least 50cc machines. Not just once, but twice, in the same night. It can be done, we have proved it.

maggiesboy
11-08-2004, 07:41 PM
no opinions huh?

dirtmomma
11-08-2004, 08:46 PM
:p It's JUST THAT Bill, they load up on them!! Because as I'm SURE you noticed most of them DON'T know how to mix thier gas :rolleyes: if DJ runs the blaster ever it's funny cuz everyone is revving the piss out of thiers in the staging line & he just sits there shaking his head w/ his turned off then once on the track you will notice how they ALL smoke :huh BBAAADDDD

yeah it's definetly a pain in the butt, but HEY WOULD YOU STAGE BEHIND US NEXT TIME :blah: :devil: :p ;) j/k hehe

And yes Bill's boy did AWESOME!! I don't even think our LEM will be able to keep up w/ that dang 40 :huh oh well it's all in good fun!!

foleyit
11-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Funny my first race experience was the somewhat the same minus the mud slinging contest.

It's pretty funny because I see the same thing around here at LACR, Glen Helen, and LEMX. It must be because they can't mix their gas right. What's even funnier most of them are stock Skyhawk 50s or Suzuki LT50s which all should be oil injected anyways in the limit stock class. Hmmmm...

QuadJunkies
11-09-2004, 12:08 AM
OMG. you sound just like my Husband... lol:p I was told that its not good to lift of the *** end on the minis like that anyhow on most of the minis. I forgot why it is, Ill have to ask :)

dirtmomma
11-09-2004, 08:10 AM
Maybe we'll have to print this thread out & hand it out next race LMAO QJ GET THAT INFO on why it's not good :D

QuadJunkies
11-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Maybe we'll have to print this thread out & hand it out next race LMAO QJ GET THAT INFO on why it's not good :D Troy said that its just not good on the Roller weights. ;)

QuadJunkies
11-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by callwf53
Let me know if you need a hand lifting your *** end . LOL!! ok....:o :devil: ;)

maggiesboy
11-12-2004, 09:18 AM
WHAT? no offenders feel like replying? Come on, I know you are out there.

Samson
11-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Sorry, don't race. But some find my pre ride warm up routine offensive.

Consists of chugging a few cold ones and scratching my jewels! :D

QuadJunkies
11-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Samson

Consists of chugging a few cold ones and scratching my jewels! :D LMAO!!!!

foleyit
11-12-2004, 10:01 AM

I've got jewels -- will you scratch mine too? :eek2:

QuadJunkies
11-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by foleyit
I've got jewels -- will you scratch mine too? :eek2: :eek2: :o

dirtmomma
11-12-2004, 01:02 PM

LMFAO :p thats a good one :) I used to do this also until(well I didn't scratch my "jewels" LOL ;)) our 400 bucked me off, I then realized I was gonna hurt myself bad so thats probably why when we go camping/riding now I spend almost all my time @ camp :blah: :devil:

Samson
11-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by foleyit
I've got jewels -- will you scratch mine too? :eek2:

I'll see if I can borrow the neighbor's cat fer ya! :p

I hear you dirtmomma! I'm an example of what NOT to be!

QuadJunkies
11-12-2004, 02:36 PM
I'll see if I can borrow the neighbor's cat fer ya! :p

I hear you dirtmomma! I'm an example of what NOT to be! EEEEWWWW.. A Cats tongue is a litle rough dont ya think??!:huh :p

Samson
11-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
EEEEWWWW.. A Cats tongue is a litle rough dont ya think??!:huh :p

Wrong type of creamer for that type of kitty! :D

QuadJunkies
11-15-2004, 12:21 AM
Wrong type of creamer for that type of kitty! :D :eek: :o :devil:

dirtmomma
11-15-2004, 07:56 AM

I hear you dirtmomma! I'm an example of what NOT to be!

LOL :) awe we all have our moments :):) Been there don't that hehe:devil:

maggiesboy
11-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Come on offenders, pipe up. You do in staging, but you wont on the internet?

mxmike17
11-16-2004, 11:08 AM
If it bothers you so bad ask them next time while your there in person :rolleyes:

All the internet will do is cause alot of drama over something dumb!

Good luck and tell little man good job!