PDA

View Full Version : drove a 05' honda 450 yesterday

sleepin400
11-08-2004, 08:43 AM
my Friend just bought a 05 honda 450 black. Looks really nice. I Thought I would tell you what I thought.

well, I have a modded 400ex and have only rode a few other bikes, such as a Banshee, Z400, an many modded and stock 400ex's.

The 450 is very smooth acceleration. The gears box seems very nice, seems to run through the gears quick. All of my friends have a hard time explaining this also, but the bike feels "lighter"
I know it is less in wieght, but it just feels almost smaller. A nice feeling and very solid.

I didn't jump the bike, but he said it felt very nice. The shocks seem to be softer, expecially in the rear.

Throwing it up on a truck, the front was noticably lighter.

he raced a new yamaha 450 and beat him hard from the hole but seemed to be pulling less topend. (this was on sand so it is hard to tell)

I raced him in my 400 on pavement and lowend my bike hangs pritty well, but after 3rd gear he starts to pull away.

His old bike a 03' ex w/ 440 ported head and bigger valves, full exhuast, cam, and the rest of the bolt onns. He thinks the two would be very close.

the rear skidplate is plastic, I'm sure it won't last long. Tires are very nice and hook well in sandy dirt.

The 4 stroke kick start is for the birds. Defintally less fun than the 400ex push start. But I guess that's what you pay for speed. It was difficult though.

modds are soon to be added.
Just though I'd fill you guys in.

khen
11-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the good report. I'm patiently waiting for real world comparisons between the 450's(Yamaha and Honda) and moded 400's now that the 450 smoke is clearing.