PDA

View Full Version : Uni Filter Outwears???

Wayne64SS
11-08-2004, 08:09 AM
Man i usually clean my air filter after every 3 rides, i took my air box lid off (HRC) and my filter was disgusting. I took it off and cleaned it and while i was doing that i noticed my intake boot had mad oil and dirt in it! WTF!!!!!! I need an outerwears for this thing cause it sucks or else im gonna buy K&N w/outerwears. My buddy has one on his 400 with open lid and hes fine. Its all in the outerwear man.

speedfreaksguy
11-08-2004, 09:16 AM
I run the same set up with no air box lid and haven't found dirt in mine. Maybe the clamp wasen't tight. What kind of filter oil are you using? You should try cleaning it more often.

Wayne64SS
11-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by speedfreaksguy
I run the same set up with no air box lid and haven't found dirt in mine. Maybe the clamp wasen't tight. What kind of filter oil are you using? You should try cleaning it more often.

thats just it i dont wanna clean it more often i need a filter that is less maintenace!

Jersey450R
11-08-2004, 09:42 AM
you just convinced me! i was at my dealer today and almost bought a uni filter...i'm glad i didnt. i'm gonna wait another week and get the k&n with the outerwear. instead i bought a msr clutch perch and shorty lever.;)

Wayne64SS
11-08-2004, 09:56 AM
i wish somebody woulda told me before i wasted my money on this wreck that filters worse than my stocker :(

speedfreaksguy
11-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Wayne64SS
thats just it i dont wanna clean it more often i need a filter that is less maintenace!

A K&N isn't going to be any less maint. Try putting a outerwear on the Uni. I have used both in the past and I definetly prefer the Uni. You can buy two uni's for the price of the K&N and just change it more often. I usually swap mine every time I race or practice.

Wayne64SS
11-08-2004, 11:41 AM
where can i get a damn outerwear for a uni?? i cant find one anywhere if someone would post a link i would be very appretaitive.!

speedfreaksguy
11-08-2004, 12:51 PM
White Brothers carries them. Outerwears part number 66-097

ThumPIN_450R
11-08-2004, 01:30 PM
i got a uni with outerwear and i love it I've never had a problem with it if you don't want to clean you're filter that often put a closed airbox lid on becaus that's the only sure way to keep most of the dirt you ride in off the filter

red2004 TRX450R
11-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Wayne64SS

U do oil it, and dont over oil it?

put greese on the mounting points and make sure all intake tubes are tight but not over tightned?

were u riding in standing water?

i have never had a proplem with any fome filter

Wayne64SS
11-08-2004, 02:18 PM
thats just it you're running with an outerwear.... i wasnt and i wasnt happy i am gonna buy an outerwear for this thing hopefully it'lll help. thanks for posting up part number and where i can find it.