PDA

View Full Version : chainsaw accident

Hoggr9
11-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Hoggrs wife here. Well Mike got into a fight with the chainsaw couple of weeks ago. Had to have surgery on his leg, they had to put some muscles back together. He has to wear a stabalizer for I don't know how long. Needless to say no riding for quite awhile. So all of you out there when you get ready to use a chain saw be very carefull and make sure some one else is home at the time.

LTandRaptorider
11-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Dam! Hope his recovery goes ok! Chainsaws can be very dangerous, had a few close calls.

angieyes
11-07-2004, 11:37 PM
bart u have alot of close calls the stairs aren't ur best friend right now we'll the the quad out of this

QuadJunkies
11-08-2004, 12:18 AM
thats TERRIBLE!!! Tell him we all wish him a speedt recovery:( way too many accidents happening around here lately!!!:huh :(

JR3
11-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
thats TERRIBLE!!! Tell him we all wish him a speedt recovery:( way too many accidents happening around here lately!!!:huh :(

Cole Trane
11-08-2004, 03:45 AM
I had two friends get jacked up by a chainsaw in one week. One caught it in the back of the hand, the other on the top of his head. Bad news!! Hope the recovery goes well.

Pappy
11-08-2004, 05:35 AM
i warned him to becareful.....he said he was going to act like the guy from the texas chainsaw massacre for holloween:p

best wishes for a full and speedy recovery bud. :D

muddkitten
11-08-2004, 07:50 AM
man hope he has a speedy recovery:cool:

crap-banshee32
11-08-2004, 09:11 AM
that sucks man! chainsaws can be very dangerous.
My buddy;s dad cut off 3 of his toes when he was cutting up some logs!! kinda scarrrrrry!

Quad18star
11-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Dam! Hope his recovery goes ok! Chainsaws can be very dangerous, had a few close calls.

^^^^ What he said .

Hoggr9
12-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that i saw the doc yesterday.
Got the brace off and no more crutches.
Walking is dificult but getting better by the step.
Physical therapy isnt going too bad.
Everybody says its healing well but this waiting is the hard part.
Nice christmas present to myself being able to move under my own power without any mechanical help.
Will definately be ready by spring.
Thanks to all who sent their best wishes.;)
Wish everyone a safe and merry christmas.
Just be careful!!!!
You dont realize how much we take for granted until you cant,like walking and bathing by yourself.

Ride on and keep the shiny side up.Peace, Mike

theTman
12-03-2004, 07:12 PM
glad to hear your doing better:)

kicken250x
12-03-2004, 07:12 PM
i hacked my hand a good one a few weeks ago. cut straight through to the bone on the top of my thumb. it doesnt bend backwards at all anymore no matter how hard i try and it wont bend all the way down. i didnt go to the doc for it i just threw some medical tape and gauze on it and kept working, not a smart move. it hurts if i bend it too much haha. cut muscles/tendons done feel the best. i hope you get better soon man! later

big_poppa49
12-03-2004, 07:26 PM
could just be me but it looks like there is already a scar beside of that one, almost as long too. Hope he recovers and gets to riding soon...

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/chaos99/greenchainsaw.gif

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/kamikaze/et_death.gif

bulkdriverlp
12-03-2004, 08:12 PM
whenever using a chainsaw always wear chaps that could have been prevented.

hope for a speedy recovery

400exrules
12-03-2004, 08:15 PM
ouch hope he gets better soon

my grandpa was cuttin some rafters down above him in his barn a long time ago and the blade hit a knot hole in the wood and it got caught and shot back it him and cut his face open. the doctor said the only thing that saved his life was the bill on his hat :eek2:

Quad18star
12-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Hoggr9
Physical therapy isnt going too bad.
Everybody says its healing well but this waiting is the hard part.
Nice christmas present to myself being able to move under my own power without any mechanical help.
Will definately be ready by spring.
Thanks to all who sent their best wishes.;)
Wish everyone a safe and merry christmas.
Just be careful!!!!
You dont realize how much we take for granted until you cant,like walking and bathing by yourself.

Ride on and keep the shiny side up.Peace, Mike

I hear you on this one . Goin on almost 4 months of being on crutches , and it was only been within the last month and a half , that I've been out of a cast and been able to take a shower ( not a damn spunge bath) . I wish I'd be able to walk for christmas , but I'm shooting more for a birthday gift to myself for March . Good luck with your recovery .

Bush0102
12-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Greg, how much work have you missed with your injuries??

Maybe i can fake a shattered leg/broken ankle and get out of school for a couple months...maybe i can at least get a wheelchair and a handicapped parking tag :blah:

Quad18star
12-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
Greg, how much work have you missed with your injuries??

Maybe i can fake a shattered leg/broken ankle and get out of school for a couple months...maybe i can at least get a wheelchair and a handicapped parking tag :blah:

Well if you're talking about just missed time as a result of this accident .... I've been off since August 15 ... so comming up on 4 months in a few weeks .

If you wanna know how much time I missed this year ... well let me explain ....

January i was in college till around the end of the month . I worked from Say Feb 1st till March 8th ... then went in for surgery . I spent from March 8th till about April 3rd in the hospital cuz of infections . I was off work due to the surgery until June 12th . I went back to work full time and got my Assistant managers position and worked until August 15th .... been off since .

So in total this year .... I've worked about 3 1/2 months. I've been off more than I've worked .... not a good batting average . :confused:

SGA
12-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32

My buddy's dad cut off 3 of his toes when he was cutting up some logs!!
Use em for kindling.

Quad18star
12-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Use em for kindling.

OUCH !!!! When I was in the hospital on tuesday getting x-rays done in the Emergency ward ( after i tripped , fell and f'ked my ankle up) .... some guy came in and he had his hand smashed in soemthing . From the x-rays I seen and overheard the doctors saying ... looks like he lost the tip of 3 of the fingers on his hand .... OUCH !!!!!!!!

SGA
12-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Hoggr9

Man, im really glad to hear that. You're really lucky, chainsaw injurys can be nasty.