PDA

View Full Version : ??? about pipes

400ex men
11-07-2004, 09:30 PM
ok i got a 03 400ex its got a x-6 and i want to put the stock pipe back on. you may think im a fool lol. but its the noise level and im not racin at this time cuz its gitin so damn cold. my ??? is will i muss any up if i put my stock back on its got a HotCam's stg 1. i kno i will have to re jet but thats ok. so will i muss any thing up if i do that?

jmpulse
11-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by 400ex men
ok i got a 03 400ex its got a x-6 and i want to put the stock pipe back on. you may think im a fool lol. but its the noise level and im not racin at this time cuz its gitin so damn cold. my ??? is will i muss any up if i put my stock back on its got a HotCam's stg 1. i kno i will have to re jet but thats ok. so will i muss any thing up if i do that?

No, you won't mess anything up. You will loose a large chunck of power, but I can't blame you for wanting to quiet the exaust down. There are acouple of quite pipes out there if you ever want to go back to aftermarket, but just beware when you do. Most are just a a hair over stock in performance when quieted down, but there are a couple that will add power quietly.