View Full Version : bead breaker, tire brand

mach5racing4
11-07-2004, 06:45 PM
whats the easiest way to change atv tires on my 400ex? are the bead breakers they sell good? and what is the best all around front and rear tire combo for a 400ex, size and brand, the razrs look damn good,i think i will stay with stock 9" rear and 10" front but itp wheels, let me know thanks

craftyex
11-12-2004, 01:31 PM
i've never used one of the hand held bead breakers but i've heard they can be tough to use. as far as tires go it depends on what you ride. for a good trail tire i would go with razr's. 20" rear and 22" front. same size as stock. if you do ride rocky trails go with the 6 ply.

ZSK
11-13-2004, 08:35 AM
The handheld bead breakers work pretty good, but I think running the tires over with a truck works better. Just seemed that way to me. I suggest Kenda Klaws front and rear. Knarly's in the rear if you ride a lot of mud and sand. I went with 21" front to lower the front a little, but stock sizes work great. Unless you go with ITP Baja's or a beadlock, stick with stock wheels. They are very strong and much stronger than .160's or .190's