PDA

View Full Version : backie ramp

jordan_is_god
11-07-2004, 04:55 PM
ive been doing a search for ramp plans everywhere...i am currently going dirt to dirt ... i have the desire to try the wonderful world of ramps... ive desined a few ramps on my own based on videos and pictures but i am not sure how they will do... one of those look good on paper but uneasy about them doing good in real life... thinking about a nice 8 foot high one something that will be good for 30 to 70 foot gaps... after watching jons flip ive decided i want to build a backflip ramp... does any one have or know where i can get plns for either of these??

Scro
11-07-2004, 04:58 PM
i hope your plannin on build you a foam pit too...for the backflip

theTman
11-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
i hope your plannin on build you a foam pit too...for the backflip

i would hope so:eek:

400ex28
11-07-2004, 05:12 PM
How much money you got cause this will deff. cost out the *** to get it all done :o

jordan_is_god
11-07-2004, 05:48 PM
ive got a foam pit but i dont have crane to lift the quad out... i currently use it for bmx and 50's... i dont think its big enough for a quad... not alot of margin for error... couple feet to the right or left and i would be hurtin... not much of a need to expand it until i can find some plans to build a backie ramp... and as far as cost ive got the hook up on all the metal i need and ive got a couple buddies who are welders so a couple cases of beer and ive got labor covered

400ex28
11-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey man where in indiana are you from>?????:cool:

mxquadracer
11-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Full plans for a backy ramp would run you about 250$...

jordan_is_god
11-07-2004, 08:15 PM
im west of indy..... and 250 for just the plans???? ive found a couple sites that have plans for like 20 to 75 bucks... that i can understand... but 250???... i wouldnt even have that much in materials.....so nobody has any plans for a standard 8 foot ramp? what are they 225? hell i could build 2 backflip ramps for that price/// design my own... try it and see how it does... redisgn and build it right..im 250 ahead... what do i get for 250??for 250 jon better come to my spot and be welding that thing... 250 for plans when i can buy a complete ramp for a lil over a grand... ok seriously though any body got ramp plans to share??

mxquadracer
11-09-2004, 02:16 PM
I have 8'6" standard competition plans, though I wouldn't recommend attempting a backflip off of them. The more expensive plans (250 bucks) will walk you step by step through lots of different stuff...whether it be a trailer ramp you're looking to build, whatever.

Check out Alloy Industries (http://www.alloyindustries.com) and ask Jason. Reputable builder, he'll be able to help you with anything you'd need.

jordan_is_god
11-09-2004, 06:29 PM
well im looking to build both the standard and a backflip ramp... i was hoping to get the standard one built first then start backflip ramp this winter and hopefully be able to start trying the backflip to foam by early spring and have it down by late spring....... so if u wanna share the 8 foot standard plans that would be cool and it looks like im going to have to get ahold of alloy industries for the backflip... sheesh u would never think that the hardest part of pulling the flip would be finding plans to build the ramp... guess i could always work on a dirt to dirt backie... thanks for the link

Thump_It
11-11-2004, 01:05 AM
not knockin ya, but.....so you want to attempt this backflip thing, good luck. Are you just wanting to try it, or are you pretty damn good........like what other tricks can you pull?? Not saying you are all talk or whatever, I'm just interested. The case could also be, you have some big 'ol brass balls....or little brain, j/k, lol.

Rootar
11-11-2004, 07:54 AM
foreal lets see some pics of what you got

jordan_is_god
11-11-2004, 06:23 PM
i dont have any pics... never even thought about taking any pics until i found this forum a week or so ago.... i dont ride to show off or to brag to ppl i just love riding.. as far as what i can do.. pretty much any of the basics.. been having a lil problem with the mcmetz... pulled a ccpl times but not very smooth.. keep catching my left leg.. doesnt matter if i go left then right or right then left always catch it on the bars.. makes for some hairy landings...havent tried a cordova.. would like too but that trick scares the **** out of me.. not a fan of the no handed landers .. can pull em but i dont like em.. other than that i will try just about anything.. it may not be pretty but i dont ride for points or for a crowd... i just go back behimd my woods and ride for a couple hours and have a blast.... as far as the backflip goes its something i wanted to do since carey hart almost landed it in the gravity games a few years back... that next day i asked my buddy if it was possible on a quad he said maybe but doubt it... i told him that day i wanted to be the first to do it.. pulled my first one on a 50 maybe a year or so ago.. then i pick up a mag at walmart and see that jon beat me to it... so i figure why not be the second... or the first for backflip varials or the first for dirt to dirt

jordan_is_god
11-11-2004, 06:31 PM
and as far as me being all talk or i might have some big ole brass balls or stupid... its mainly big *** balls.. been kinda like that my whole life... lucky for me ive always been able to roll out of a huck and walk away with a few bruises and cuts and the occasional cracked rib or sprained wrist... i dont have a death wish or anything i just like doing crazy ****.. cars bikes bmx quads snowmobiles (havent ridden a snowmobile in a long time.. not enough snow in indiana to justify buying one)... it doesnt matter if its 4 am with no one around or if its a bunch of my buddies i love doing something insane

jordan_is_god
11-11-2004, 06:32 PM
a couple buddies and me are riding sat so i will make sure and get a few pics for ya guys

jordan_is_god
11-11-2004, 06:33 PM
wow this forum automaticaly censors... i just now noticed that..... ****... ****... cock.. balls.. *****.. ***. mother ****er.. lol

Thump_It
11-11-2004, 06:34 PM
sounds good, i know what you are talking about, being the insane one always gives for good laughs and fun for everyone, lol, even if it hurts..........been there.

steveatv3
11-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by theTman
i would hope so:eek:

I started building my backflip ramp, its 8ft tall vert ramp made out of dirt, and landing on dirt its a 25ft gap. It will hopefully be done and dialed in soon.

Ive been hitting come kicker ramps and i think im going to go for the flip, the probability of me getting injured is good, actually really good but lets hope it wont be to bad. I guess i will keep you covered on whats gonna go down, i got a helmet cam im going to be using too.

Later
Steve

bignorm
11-17-2004, 09:51 PM
jordan is god

i love in illinois and if u get ur backie ramp and ur foam pit expanded lemme know.

ive been itchen to get my hand on a foam pit. im to much of a ***** to do it to dirt

lemme know

-josh

martin dushaj
12-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Don't mean to sound rude but you better do a dova before you do a flip I am going to do the flip this christmas vacation and I have done it into a pit on a blaster and it is a little harder than a bike I have done it on my dads cr250 and I recamend you do it on a big bike first or at least into a pit I am doing it on a 450yfz and my friend won't let me use his pit with my 450 but trust it isn't easy even into foam once you get completly upside down is the hardest part depending on the momentum you carry from the take off and if you beat me too it let me know how it felt but if I beat you I let you know and post some pics

martin dushaj
12-07-2004, 10:21 PM
BACKFLIP REQUIREMENT # 1

BRASS OR STEEL BALLS

LOL

:D

Juggalo
12-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by jordan_is_god
im west of indy..... and 250 for just the plans???? ive found a couple sites that have plans for like 20 to 75 bucks... that i can understand... but 250???... i wouldnt even have that much in materials.....so nobody has any plans for a standard 8 foot ramp? what are they 225? hell i could build 2 backflip ramps for that price/// design my own... try it and see how it does... redisgn and build it right..im 250 ahead... what do i get for 250??for 250 jon better come to my spot and be welding that thing... 250 for plans when i can buy a complete ramp for a lil over a grand... ok seriously though any body got ramp plans to share??

my rev 3 plans costed 250 bucks. they came with a full size cardboard template and an 80 page full color instruction booklet. i admit the price was high but the results were worth it!