11-07-2004, 04:35 PM
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/nonroad/proposal/f01026.htm

by the year 2020 they expect to reduce hydrocarbons in dirt bikes by 90% :eek:

400ex28
11-07-2004, 04:37 PM
:eek: :ermm: :chinese:

dirtriderex
11-07-2004, 04:50 PM
They should first worry about those da*m diesel trucks that shoot the black smoke out. If it dosen't benefit the Gov. they don't give a sh*t.

400ex28
11-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
They should first worry about those da*m diesel trucks that shoot the black smoke out. If it dosen't benefit the Gov. they don't give a sh*t.

right on! :macho

Mxjunkie
11-07-2004, 04:51 PM
is that even possible? we would have to run eletric motors :huh

ZRider400
11-07-2004, 04:53 PM
i'll move to canada:)

11-07-2004, 04:56 PM
thats bs

400exrules
11-07-2004, 05:02 PM
f*ck that ****, no one is gonna be able to live there life anymore, were gonna be dang robots in the future, all following a guideline on exactly how to do everything, ill killmyself before then...

the future of enjoying life is going down hill

chucked
11-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex

well you have to look at the contents of the smoke, diesel exhaust doesnt have as many toxins in it as gas exhaust

Toadz400
11-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by chucked
well you have to look at the contents of the smoke, diesel exhaust doesnt have as many toxins in it as gas exhaust

That's very true, you may think diesels pollute more but they actually don't. Diesels are more fuel efficient than gas engines, they are 10-20% more efficient than gas engines.

chucked
11-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
That's very true, you may think diesels pollute more but they actually don't. Diesels are more fuel efficient than gas engines, they are 10-20% more efficient than gas engines.

you dont even have to get them emission tested.

n00b on a 400ex
11-07-2004, 05:52 PM
get ready for the CRF80 pro nationals race in 2020, i know ill be competing

chucked
11-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by n00b on a 400ex

haha that will probably be the largest displacement engine that can be used.

n00b on a 400ex
11-07-2004, 06:06 PM
new idea people, put 2 dirtbike rear tired on the swingarm, a dirttrike..haha ETA n00bs, beat my 700 4 cylinder twin-banshee engine beast

Toadz400
11-07-2004, 06:47 PM
new idea people, put 2 dirtbike rear tired on the swingarm, a dirttrike..haha ETA n00bs, beat my 700 4 cylinder twin-banshee engine beast

I don't even know what to think about that post :huh . I think we need less meth-addicts on this site!

I wonder if they'll ever come out with a performance diesel small engine for quads/dirtbikes? I know of a company that makes nice small engines that work well for go-karts, the company is called Kabota if anyone has heard of them?

n00b on a 400ex
11-07-2004, 06:49 PM
I don't even know what to think about that post :huh . I think we need less meth-addicts on this site!

I wonder if they'll ever come out with a performance diesel small engine for quads/dirtbikes? I know of a company that makes nice small engines that work well for go-karts, the company is called Kabota if anyone has heard of them?

lol a diesel quad? imagine a 450r diesel powered...
idle: pop...pop...pop...pop
half speed: pop pop pop pop
full speed: popopopopopopop

chucked
11-07-2004, 07:12 PM

diesels are high torque, low speed engines, they are meant for running large equipment that require alot of power. they would be horribly expensive also, an injection pump on a mid sized cat engine is about 6-7 grand, and thats just the injection pump! but it would be much smaller and there would only be 1 or 2 cylinders also. I think that some company does make a diesel utility quad-like machine, I dont remember who made it though.

chucked
11-07-2004, 07:13 PM
lol a diesel quad? imagine a 450r diesel powered...
idle: pop...pop...pop...pop
half speed: pop pop pop pop
full speed: popopopopopopop

pop?????? :confused:

LsMxRaCeR
11-07-2004, 07:13 PM
i thought polaris already had a diesel motor in a quad

chucked
11-07-2004, 07:17 PM
heres a little thing on the diesel quad

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/archive/topic/22676.html

Dust_1503
11-07-2004, 07:19 PM
The EPA is one whole LIE. They do more harm than good. I'm taking a International natural resource management (205) class and my professor has proven to us that we (humans) have nothing to do with the "Greenhouse effect" and the "depletion of the ozone" These ideas are completely false. I know its weird why would they tell us this hell they told me my freshman yeah the other story but hey face it most schools are liberal and there aren't many conservative teachers out there luckily i got one and it all makes sense, plus he backs it up with proof. Remember this:
Environmentalist paritaily select information not the hole story and 2nd they have their Iron Law of Environmentalism-Predict something close enough in the future to scare and far enough away so that when it doesn't happen people will have forgotten about it.

FreekShow
11-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by LsMxRaCeR
i thought polaris already had a diesel motor in a quad

Yup http://www.atvsplus.com/dulemba/POLARIS%20ATV'S/2000-diesel%204x4(QP).jpg

Scott-300ex
11-07-2004, 07:28 PM

lol:p

ZQ8Dude
11-07-2004, 11:00 PM
a diesel quad would be kinda cool. a nice 400cc turbo diesel....mmmm the power

anyone remember the old diesel utility polaris put out for a few years?

angieyes
11-07-2004, 11:54 PM
by 2006 all bikes are suppose to be 4 strokes most bikes are coming out now 4 strokes trying to totaly eliminate the 2 strokes. well i guesse they will by "o6"

TRXRacer1
11-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Diesels are bad too guys, do the research. They have high PM and NOx levels. Diesels run most of our shipping, mass transportation, and heavy emergency vehicles. The solution isn't easy and they would shut the country down if they said all old diesel had to be cleaned up. There is a ton of info on the EPA site and if you do read up on diesels you find out about the heavy-duty 2007 diesel emissions regulations. It going to get a lot tougher then it is now and these regulations will happen. Diesels contribute to multiple times the amount of polution then dirt bikes and quads.

ZQ8Dude
11-08-2004, 01:27 AM
you know, i think the EPA is going at this the totally wrong way.

could you imagine how low our emissions problems would be if we made a law that would make manf. only be able to make the little Sbox economy cars in hybrid and diesel formats?

as well as give every truck a diesel option.

imho that would solve most of our problem. but i do agree that it is bullS, because everything is a theory and none of the research is substantial proof

MY450R
11-08-2004, 06:22 AM
they already have electric busses and chit .they are also doing work in fuel cells which is hydrogen i believe.what pisses me off is that they single out quads and dirtbikes like they are some huge polluters of poison,yes they pollute but no more than a cigarette

chucked
11-08-2004, 06:38 AM
I have a friend studying in enviromental science, he says that one volcano eruption is worse then a thousand years of pollution created by vehicles.

TRX250X
11-08-2004, 08:22 AM
I'm glad some people on here stick up for diesel motors. As a farmer and truck driver I see daily how diesel makes the world go round. Your quad was probably delivered to the dealer on the back of a semi. And the food that you eat gets to you because of diesel fuel. The diesel engine is much more effecient than a gas engine. And the emissions are not that different. There are a lot more diesels on the roads though when you start thinking about all the 18 wheelers out there that run 24-7. Diesels have lower hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide emissions, but they do have higher NOx emissions. I hope to have a diesel pickup in the near future. They are so much better than gas, and my dad's new Ford 6.0 powerstroke will run with any stock gasser motor. Give it a few mods, and it'll scream. I know a guy with a 7.3 PSD (powerstroke diesel) with over 1000 ft/lbs of torque, and 500 horsepower. That's a lot of power.:D

ZQ8Dude
11-08-2004, 09:38 AM
as do i, unfortunately id have to move to thailand to get my perfect diesel. ive always loved how much power those things can squeeze and how durable they are

over there you can get chevy colorados(my current truck) with a turbo diesel option.

chucked- funny enough is that, stuff like that should be common knowledge....yet "we are killing this earth" :rolleyes:

TRXRacer1
11-08-2004, 11:08 AM
I have a friend studying in enviromental science, he says that one volcano eruption is worse then a thousand years of pollution created by vehicles in the US in one year.

Good point chucked! :rolleyes: So should we just stop trying or should we sick the EPA on volcanos? I don't see how your point helps or contributes to anything.

LTandRaptorider
11-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
Good point chucked! :rolleyes: So should we just stop trying or should we sick the EPA on volcanos? I don't see how your point helps or contributes to anything.

I will haul the ecoterrorists to the closest active volcano in my new turbo-diesel truck, march them out the back with my environmentaly friendly automatic rifle in to the volcano... course I can't be held responsible for the extra ash they create... :rolleyes: :p

TRXRacer1
11-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I will haul the ecoterrorists to the closest active volcano in my new turbo-diesel truck, march them out the back with my environmentaly friendly automatic rifle in to the volcano... course I can't be held responsible for the extra ash they create... :rolleyes: :p

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/images/smilies/roflmao.gif http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/images/smilies/roflmao.gif http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/images/smilies/roflmao.gif

chucked
11-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1

Can you imagine a few hundred "ecoterrorists" surrounding an erupting volcano yeilding signs yielding messages about anti-pollution.

bigfoot300ex
11-08-2004, 02:11 PM
diesels are high torque, low speed engines, they are meant for running large equipment that require alot of power. they would be horribly expensive also, an injection pump on a mid sized cat engine is about 6-7 grand, and thats just the injection pump! but it would be much smaller and there would only be 1 or 2 cylinders also. I think that some company does make a diesel utility quad-like machine, I dont remember who made it though.

i think your talking about the John Deere Gator

chucked
11-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by bigfoot300ex
i think your talking about the John Deere Gator

you must have missed the post on it but...
http://www.atvsplus.com/dulemba/POLARIS%20ATV'S/2000-diesel%204x4(QP).jpg

MY450R
11-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Can you imagine a few hundred "ecoterrorists" surrounding an erupting volcano yeilding signs yielding messages about anti-pollution.
yeah they all want to get blown... away

Mxjunkie
11-08-2004, 02:29 PM
what about all the bombs and smoke etc from war, the epa needs to go suck on a exhaust pipe, i'll supply the darn pipe, im tired of them and their banning of 2 strokes etc, what good is it goin to do!? wow the us wont have 2 strokes how about the rest of the world, good one epa! i swear, even if they do ban this stuff, what good is it going to do?! we will still have the bs from the other countrys its not like we will magicaly have fresh air :mad: *******s, if they keep up i guess i gotta put a 4 stroke motor in my darn cr

chucked
11-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
what about all the bombs and smoke etc from war, the epa needs to go suck on a exhaust pipe, i'll supply the darn pipe, im tired of them and their banning of 2 strokes etc, what good is it goin to do!? wow the us wont have 2 strokes how about the rest of the world, good one epa! i swear, even if they do ban this stuff, what good is it going to do?! we will still have the bs from the other countrys its not like we will magicaly have fresh air :mad: *******s, if they keep up i guess i gotta put a 4 stroke motor in my darn cr

no no no, companies will just not be able to make 2-strokes, you will still be able to use them and you will still be able to buy parts for them.

MY450R
11-08-2004, 02:34 PM
not only that but ya know when chernobel had a melt down and the radioactive material circumnavigated the globe...
what the hell is that .thats waaayyyyyy more pollution than what we do in an entire lifetime with cars trucks motorcycles etc
the government should take a break for a while and get some rest so we can go back to our lives again

MY450R
11-08-2004, 02:37 PM
oh are they going to ban farting too.are they going to ban *********s
you should see the chit that comes outa there!!

chucked
11-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
oh are they going to ban farting too.are they going to ban *********s
you should see the chit that comes outa there!!

"*********s" ??????? what could that say????!!!

Mxjunkie
11-08-2004, 03:33 PM
no no no, companies will just not be able to make 2-strokes, you will still be able to use them and you will still be able to buy parts for them.

yeah, i wish they werent doing it, i love 2 strokes, they dont cost an arm and a leg to rebuild too damn epa :mad: