PDA

View Full Version : wont start

Millhorn
11-07-2004, 12:22 PM
my '03 400 ex wont start...we tried pulling it off and everything...it has been jetted...my cousin did it before i bought it off him...and i called him and he said he has never changed the spark plug...im having a lot of troubl gettin the spark plug out though...to look at it...there has to be some kind of trick to it...we tried to start it for a long time...and it would fire for like a split second then quit...i cant figure it out...please help! if you think its the spark plug then what is the trick to gettin it out...ive taken the gas tank and everything out...but i cant seem to get the right socket to fit...

cds
11-07-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm not trying to be a smart alec, but

1. Make sure that the red switch by the left handgrip is in the run position (in the middle).

If you have the key on but the red switch off, what you're describing will happen. LOL, I know from experience.

2. Pushing the choke lever up and towards the front of the quad turns the choke on. The choke is off when the choke lever is pointing straight down.

HTH,
cd

Millhorn
11-07-2004, 04:13 PM
i know lol we checked all that...we finally got the spark plug off...it was an 18 millimeter...and we had to cram it down in the slot where the spark plug was to get it out...cause it wasnt fitting good...but we finally got it out...and the spark plug wasnt firing at all...so i cleaned it...and it fired up...lol preciate it though