PDA

View Full Version : This is weird

440ex2001
11-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Yesterday we were practicing stoppies and one of my budies went a little to far and slowly roll my quad end over end. It was still running o we just fliped it over and went to talk off again. It wouldnt budge. The engine was still running but when you let the clutch out to go it would just cut off. It was like something in the tranny was locked up. Anyone have any ideas? Also I need to split the cases so I was thinking of getting a stroker kit. I already have a ross 440 kit so what are my options on a stroker kit. Where can get one and how much. Thanks.

JDiablo
11-07-2004, 11:10 AM
idka bout that problem,but i say get a 440 cc piston then get a +5 MM stroker to get that baby up wat,460cc's?:D

K_Fulk
11-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Ive done that before and never had that happen.

About the strokers. A +4mm stroke will get you to 460 and a +6 stroke will get you to 472.

440ex2001
11-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Well more weird stuff... the problem seems tio have fixed it self. I had the clutch in and was pushing it backwards out of the garage and the quad stoped like i hit something. I made sure there was nothing behind it and pushed again it resisted for a second and then started moving again. I cranked it up to see if it was screwed up and it took off just fine. Weird.

jmpulse
11-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 440ex2001
Well more weird stuff... the problem seems tio have fixed it self. I had the clutch in and was pushing it backwards out of the garage and the quad stoped like i hit something. I made sure there was nothing behind it and pushed again it resisted for a second and then started moving again. I cranked it up to see if it was screwed up and it took off just fine. Weird.

Probally just jammed the gears a little, and just took some bouncing to release the jam. I wouldn't worry about it much, unless you have a new noise. My 400EX has tumbled many different ways, and never any lasting effects.