PDA

View Full Version : MXR'4s

JDiablo
11-06-2004, 09:41 PM
well after all the PW i have to make a real thread,how good are these tires for MX conditions?im planning on running 19x10x9,the only reason im getting 19's is if my brother wants me to go riding with him sometimes in the woods (wide wide open trails keep in mind) i want to have some extra clearance,anyway are they good?can someone post pix?thanks

400ex28
11-06-2004, 10:23 PM
They look just like the oldones just with a different rubber compund so they last longer...they did a review about them in dirtwheels....:D

JDiablo
11-06-2004, 10:24 PM
wonder how much ITP paid um,lol anyone else have personal expierence?

airheadedduner
11-07-2004, 10:32 AM
They are supposed to last as long as razor's now. If thats the case then I will be staying with them.

JDiablo
11-07-2004, 10:52 AM
looks like im going to be buying them,chit i should buy two sets maybe

Dust_1503
11-07-2004, 07:00 PM
They are stiffer and last a little longer but still wear pretty fast my friend that races youth production (blaster, throw in the fact that blaster generally wear tires slow anyways) picked them up at Red bud and they are about 50% right now..... Good tires though, may not be for the economically challenged. I think there originally purpose from itp was to make it a stiffer knob than the orig. mxr's due to all the high horsepower 4strokes out there today they caused to much flex and a lose in hook up.

400ex28
11-07-2004, 07:04 PM
I still dont trust holeshots :p Im gonna go with razr mx when i get the money tree going again :eek2:

muff
11-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
I still dont trust holeshots :p Im gonna go with razr mx when i get the money tree going again :eek2:

i know i'll never own a set of razrs. nothin but mxr/mxr4s for me

yes they wear a little quicker when compared to razrs, but they will last a few races (nothin like turfs). the compound is a good balance between soft so it hooks up and hard to last long

i doubt any tire will last as long as razrs, cept maybe some razr2s if you really felt like bein knarly. kendas last a while, but i feel they dont perform as well as the holeshots either

(i'm talkin about just rear tires here, fronts are a little different story, and my vote goes to kenda for that)

400ex28
11-07-2004, 08:06 PM
have you ever had razr mx on your quad? if you havent you cant complain about them!

muff
11-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
have you ever had razr mx on your quad? if you havent you cant complain about them!

easy killer. no i havent run a set on my quad. no plans on it either, i've ridden them on countless friends' quads, and a variety of conditions, and have heard them complain and praise about them. there is no 1 perfect tire out there, maybe for one certain track, on a certain type of condition. but as the best all around tire, i dont think that razr would take the gold.

do razrs work good on some tracks? yes, heck i saw a set hook up awesome at the track today, where as a set of turfs werent hooking up or so great. does that mean the turfs suck? no, they were just werent made/are used for that type of track.

you make we want to ask, have you owned mxrs on your quad??

i can sure bet i own and have run a heck of a lot more tires than you have...

and how about you make a decent post about why your high almighty razrs are so many better than anything else out there. how about ya give some info instead of unworthy opinion

simoniz
11-07-2004, 08:46 PM
For sand and real loose tracks the mxr4's are the bomb for me. For hardpack I still love tammers. I save my mxr4's for the soft stuff and they last. The tammers are cheap and get the job done me on hardpack. My 2cents.

JDiablo
11-08-2004, 07:28 AM
looks like ill be getting the mxr'4s then

CTmxyfz
11-08-2004, 09:21 AM
On top of what Muff said. Yesterday at Capeway rovers in the pro class, Mike walsh won with razrs, Josh Creamer behind him on grooved turfs, Mike Bard behind Josh on mxrs. Its personal preference. I run all razr mxs on my bikes. You simply need to try different tires and find the tire that works best for you on your bike in your conditions.

400ex28
11-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by muff
easy killer. no i havent run a set on my quad. no plans on it either, i've ridden them on countless friends' quads, and a variety of conditions, and have heard them complain and praise about them. there is no 1 perfect tire out there, maybe for one certain track, on a certain type of condition. but as the best all around tire, i dont think that razr would take the gold.

do razrs work good on some tracks? yes, heck i saw a set hook up awesome at the track today, where as a set of turfs werent hooking up or so great. does that mean the turfs suck? no, they were just werent made/are used for that type of track.

you make we want to ask, have you owned mxrs on your quad??

i can sure bet i own and have run a heck of a lot more tires than you have...

and how about you make a decent post about why your high almighty razrs are so many better than anything else out there. how about ya give some info instead of unworthy opinion

woah dude, chill :eek2:

400ex28
11-08-2004, 04:26 PM
And i never said holeshots suck did i? NO

velocityatv
11-08-2004, 05:58 PM
bought the mxr4's mid season this year and was really disapointed. Take in mind I ride a 2-stroke. They worked somewhat fair in soft tacky situations. They sucked in any kind of hard pack. Just in one practice that I went to I literally melted the outside row of lugs. The side walls rolled too much in the hard sweepers. Im staying with razors and tamers next year.

simoniz
11-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Has anyone ran the 19" rears for sand or mud??

quad_62
11-11-2004, 05:29 PM
I've raced 6 races and had probably 20 hours of practice on my MXR4's w/9" rims. I thought they handled great, and our track turns into hardpack fairly quickly, but after that much ride time, they've probably got 85-90% tread left. i'm impressed, but never ridden on razors.