PDA

View Full Version : Elka Review...........

cbrown400ex
04-16-2002, 07:46 AM
My first experience with my elka's was at a 2 hr. xc race last weekend. The track had a lot of jumps and was very rough in the woods sections. Two things that I noticed right away was that when other people were having trouble keeping their front end down on rocky hills mine was stuck to the ground (had to lean some but nothing like other guys were dealing with) and my bike corners much better than it used too (feels more like a dirt track car than a four wheeler). As far as jumping goes I feel I had them set-up pretty well. Bottomed out a couple of times a lap(on larger jumps). But didn't get that hard metal to metal feel. I really like how they feel coming off jumps. Lands very well. This biggest problem I had was me not being in good enough shape to push them. The only negative thing I can say is that they seemed a bit harsh through the real bad rocky sections. I am sure that they were 10 times better than stock(never ran this particular track on stock shocks). This is being really picky though. I am sure that any shocks would have been rough through those sections. As far as quality is doesn't get much better than elka. Very well built and a great looking shock. I think that elka's are great shocks for the money. Also another thing is that the holeshot is much easier with these shocks. I came out third behind two guys with custom axis(better riders too). All of the raptors, ex's, etc.. with stock shocks couldn't come off the line as fast. Hope this info. helps. CJ

Racing Rice
04-16-2002, 07:57 AM
Which Elkas did you get?

cbrown400ex
04-16-2002, 08:06 AM
Triple rates w/ ssd and the rear rebuild w/ ssd.

oynot400
04-16-2002, 08:16 AM
Are they set up for stock width a-arms? and what did they run you? I am thinking of selling my Works and getting a good set of shocks.

cbrown400ex
04-16-2002, 08:23 AM
They are set-up for stock a-arms and swing arm. $1140 at c&d racing. CJ

cdalejef
04-16-2002, 09:02 AM
It sounds like they are setup just right! The bottoming on the two big jumps is good,as long as it isn't violent. That means you are using your full amount of travel. The stiffness in the rocks will go away after a couple rides.
Was that price with rezzy?

cbrown400ex
04-16-2002, 09:21 AM
Yes with piggyback rezzies. CJ

krazykurtk
04-16-2002, 12:11 PM
I've also had a Elka rear SSD conversion. I've ridden it once since and was happy with it.