PDA

View Full Version : FMFQ or PC4-2 w/Quiet Core insert?

400exNH
04-16-2002, 06:24 AM
Howdy,
I can't decide what pipe to get. I've read the forums and everyone's opinion, but I have only one question. I want the power of a PC4-2 but want it to be more quiet. Does is make sense to get a PC4-2 with a quiet core insert or does it make sense to get a FMFQ? Which will produce more power? Anyone have any of these setups???

04-19-2002, 05:44 AM
i was thinkin the same thing

04-19-2002, 09:01 AM
I've owned a powercore IV/2 SA and I don't think you can put a queit core in them,,,they come with a wave of metal with holes in it,,thru the silencer core,,to knock down sound waves,,but I don't think you can attach one. As for power,,the Q probably doesn't put out quiet the HP,,but I'm sure there's not much of a difference,,the PC 2 does get a loud bark when applying the hammer down..:D

400exNH
04-20-2002, 12:33 PM
Hey Rico, on FMF's website if you click the FMF PowerCore 4 muffler link, it specifically says that their is an optional quiet core insert. I guess nobody can help answer this question, thanks anyway people.
http://www.fmfracing.com/powercore4.cfm
Chris

04-20-2002, 09:00 PM
I'm chasing a similar dilema. I have the WB E-series, but It's pretty loud and my neighbors are gonna get pissed. I am going to get the powerbong to start cutting sound some, beyond that I was considering the Titanium-4 in the 17" length as opposed to the 14" barker. As far as the header and mid-pipe goes, I can't tell from their website which pictures are titanium versus stainless. One of them has really nasty looking welds, which I don't want. I don't care much about the weight.

This is sort of a bummer deal to me as I am really happy with what I have now and didn't want to change, but as I'm building a track on my property, I want happy neighbors too. I only have two neighbors, but one of them is little concern because I seems that he works for Temecula Motorsports, judging by the graphic-laden truck parked in the driveway.