PDA

View Full Version : haspin halloween 100

cady#1
11-06-2004, 06:15 PM
How did everybody do? It Sucks i dIdnt get to make it .later Sean

ZapsRacing
11-06-2004, 07:03 PM
I went and watched the quad race today, going back tomorrow to race the bikes. Jeff Stoess and his parter won the Pro class, I saw Lil gettin towed in w/ the front end of her quad on the back of a utility and her sittin on the utility. Todd's partner dislocated his shoulder (pro) so he just took some laps messin around. Bleu Dewire and his partner Tony won the First year racer class. Of everyone i go with we had a broken tie rod on a Pred. and his partner broke his chain tensioner on the lap before and had to baby it back to change riders, a broken chain on Bleu's Raptor. (luckally it was at the top of the hill that came into the parking lot), a dislocated shoulder, and i saw lil gettin towed it :ermm: (do i really wanna race tomorrow.................:scary: )

Dust_1503
11-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Well I was there, but wasn't able to take any pics. I saw a lot of flat tires coming back at the check barrels. I also saw Jeff's quad on the sidelines what happened to it? And i also saw a lot of broken plastics. Overall it was a nice day to race but i guess the track had dry and wet spots and the dry spots got really chopped up. Sorta got me wantin to race woods again but its gonna take a lot to get me on the track.

Lil - Braff
11-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ZapsRacing
I saw Lil gettin towed in w/ the front end of her quad on the back of a utility and her sittin on the utility.

Yes that was definately me! I had the worst day ever! I got stuck like 6 or 7 times on my first lap, then like 3 or 4 on the second, then on my third lap I broke a ball joint. I don't know how it happened b/c I didn't hit anything, I was just cruising down the trail and it locked up, went into a tree, and I went flying. Rather interesting ride. lol.

Tanner... definately race tomorrow... just stay outa the mud holes. You already got the good lines picked out from all the quads. lol.

I gotta say congrats to all that finished today. I know Jess and Bradley got 1st in the sport class and Jeff and John got first in Pro... good job! & congrats to all others that finished today. I'm gonna miss seeing everyone every other weekend over the winter. :(

What did everyone think of the track? I thought it was really fun except for the big mud holes spots. Those sucked.

Good luck to everyone that is racing tomorrow and can't wait until the season starts again. Hopefully I/we will do better in the TWO buddy races next year!

Lil - Braff
11-06-2004, 07:56 PM
and I forgot.... a BIG THANK YOU to ALL the 4wheel drives that were helping pull people out today. You saved my butt and a few others today! Thank you SOOOOO much!!!

cliq20
11-06-2004, 08:54 PM
i had a good dayafter a rotten start friday and this morning. after i backed into my grandma's new van with my new 2500HD, it brightened up by my buddy and I finished 3rd in the pro class. it's pretty respectable to get beat by adam howell/Ron Martin (I think 1,2 in the regular pro series there sorry if i got the names wrong) and Jeff and Rowlrag. It was a nice course. I had a good time. the mud holes would be more to be desired. i bent a tie rod on the first lap in one of those holes with a hidden large tree in it and flew over the bars. but after that i got in a groove and we did well. glad to meet braff1 today. sorry about your luck lil. good job all.

santor
11-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Meek and I finished 4th in the B class

cdalejef
11-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Dust_1503
I also saw Jeff's quad on the sidelines what happened to it? After breaking my twist throttle at Ironman, I was forced to run the thumb at Haspin. After 1 lap I had thumb cramps so bad that I had to park it and finish out on John's Honda that had a twist.
I had a blast and look forward to racing some races there next season.

250EXstud
11-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Santor where you up there when we were arguing about the finish. First they told us we got forth in B class then 8th.
:grr: WE got screwed. They gave us the checkerd so we stopped adn we were in forth then. And then they let 5th 6th 7th go on another lap. We should have got 4th. but overall i had a great time you can't get upset if fun was had. The track got fun and fast and the race went on. I had a blast. O and sorry for those on the start who couldn't breath because i was warmin up.:D

cdalejef
11-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Was that you that was smokin up the woods? I could smell you before I even caught up to you.

Dust_1503
11-07-2004, 06:53 PM
O yeah that'll do it cramps suck. You guys were flyin

ZapsRacing
11-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Me and my partner Johnny Burns won the first year class. It was my first race back from a knee injury and his first race in a few years...we should have raced C but Becky told us jus to fo first year (this was my first year racing harescrambles). Not a bad weekend. Zeke Smith and Andy Hilligoss won B and got the overall (they are two guys i hang around with) Congrats Jeff, lookn forward to seein ya down there next year.

Lil - Braff
11-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Santor... it was nice meeting you this weekend! Good job by the way!

Tanner... that is AWSOME!! Congrats!

250exstud... that sucks! Ii'm guessing thats what the big contravercy (sp?) was all about after the race. That sucks tho. Oh well... as long as you had fun.

Lil - Braff
11-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Is anyone going to the banquet? I'm pretty sure we are. It should be fun!

craZy400
11-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Lots of fun this weekend.

good meeting everyone.

We sold out of our $2 t-shirts in no time.

Looking forward to running the series next year.
See ya
ty

250EXstud
11-08-2004, 06:17 PM
Yeah i should be at the banquet .

matt400ex
11-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Santor where you up there when we were arguing about the finish. First they told us we got forth in B class then 8th.
WE got screwed. They gave us the checkerd so we stopped adn we were in forth then. And then they let 5th 6th 7th go on another lap. We should have got 4th. but overall i had a great time you can't get upset if fun was had. The track got fun and fast and the race went on. I had a blast. O and sorry for those on the start who couldn't breath because i was warmin up.

I raised a little hell after the race about this class. We were running in 3rd on the 6th lap, and they missed us on the 7th. That dropped us to 10th place!!!! I wasn't about to let them keep me from my first plaque. They knew they made a mistake because we ran a 9th lap, but only had us scored for 8. I don't know if this would change how you finished, other than moving you back one spot. I don't think it should have kept you from your trophy, but if it did I'm really sorry about that. It was fun though. Ron E, was on the winning B class team, and I was having a BLAST racing back and forth with him!

I did get some pictures, but my computer is down so it will be a little while before I can get them up. They're mostly of the start, but I did manage to get a couple of the overall winner!

Meek
11-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by santor
Meek and I finished 4th in the B class

If you would have gotten a better start, we could have won:ermm: :uhoh: :rolleyes:

Meek
11-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the help with the shocks, made a big difference.
Jason

250EXstud
11-09-2004, 12:52 PM
I am still happy with our finish because we came from dead last because old smokey kept die'n on me the fisr lap. Come to find out it was a pinched vent tube.

Jake250ex
11-10-2004, 05:22 AM
hey cliq were you on a 450r or a yellow 400ex w/ race cut plastic and went flyin over or into the bars when you hit that log in the mud hole? If so, I remember helping you out. That thing was nasty. We tried to move it but it weigheb about a ton :eek2:

matt400ex
11-10-2004, 07:53 PM
The pictures I took of the starts are finally up and can be viewed here...
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3186

They're not the best, but you might see something good out of them.

Matt

cliq20
11-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
hey cliq were you on a 450r or a yellow 400ex w/ race cut plastic and went flyin over or into the bars when you hit that log in the mud hole? If so, I remember helping you out. That thing was nasty. We tried to move it but it weigheb about a ton :eek2:

i wasnt' on a 400ex or 450r, but i did hit it HARD and went over the bars. i was on a white yfz450. bent the crap out of the tie rod. unfortunately the only guy there was helping someone else that was stuck. he said i was like the 5th person to do that...
it was on the second lap. it didn't feel good at all nor was it marked to be able to see it. it was just "suprise" big log! i almost hit it last lap too...

Jake250ex
11-11-2004, 05:18 AM
ya it was most def. nasty. anyway, a guy on a 450r hit it at mach 3 and flew about 20 feet over the bars and got the wind knocked out of him. the guy on the 400ex did the same thing basically. we thought about standing on it so people would know not to go there but then we figured they would get pissed and start screamin to get off the trrail :p

cliq20
11-11-2004, 07:35 AM
I wish there was some kind of sign. all you had to do was point to the "nice" trail. that log was not "nice"...

:cool:

jesshamner
11-11-2004, 10:53 AM
I'm wondering where this log was. I never found it I guess...well, not the way you did. I do remember a log in a mudhole. It wasn't that bad though. It was after a right turn and into a valley. The far right line had the log in it and it was the line I took every time b/c all the others were rutted out and usually had people stuck in them.

matt400ex
11-11-2004, 03:38 PM
That log bent my a arms. My gullwing now has a nice crease in in. :(

cliq20
11-11-2004, 05:37 PM
that log was buried in a slop hole that i tried to go through straight twice. the best line was to the right kinda around the hole but at first it looked like the best line. boy was it not. the log wasn't sideways it was sticking round end toward you really hidden so when you tried to blast through it POW!

cliq20
11-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by matt400ex
That log bent my a arms. My gullwing now has a nice crease in in. :(

unfortunately that's pretty common with the yfz a-arms. i think they tried to save a little money as well as weight.

brian-250
11-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by ZapsRacing
Todd's partner dislocated his shoulder (pro) so he just took some laps messin around.

so thats who that was, i tryied to pop it back in place but i guess that didnt work.:(

i had a good day, besides the fact i had to ride my ****ing recon because of wireing trouble on my EX.:mad: :grr: