PDA

View Full Version : rebound/dampening adjusting

redrunner
11-06-2004, 07:32 AM
I understand the concept of both terms and what you are trying to accomplish during set up, but....
Is there any rule of thumb like if you adjust dampening softer(which I like) say by a 1/4 turn would you then make a comparable adjustment to rebound? Or is this truly a seat of the pants thing?

frozenh2o
11-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Ther rebound adjustment will change the compression adjustment to some extent, but the compression adjustment won't change the rebound. Make sense?? In other words, if you reduce the rebound substantially, the compression will get softer too, so typically you would have to add a bit of compression if you make a major change to the rebound.

I assume you're looking for the smoothest ride on the little stuff while trail riding, so the lowest compression will help this. If you reduce the rebound too, the ride will get even better. Too little rebound in the front and the bike will pogo all over the place. Too little rebound in the rear and the seat will smack you hard in the butt and swap side to side.

11-13-2004, 04:56 PM
go to my web site for a guide on setting up your suspension correctly and how to fine tune it. http://www.****techatv.com Also, the seat will kick you in the butt if the rebound is set too fast and the quad will swap from side to side when the rebound is set too slow! Not both at the same time.