PDA

View Full Version : 93 Mustang GT 5.0

Honda4trax250x
11-05-2004, 09:56 PM
i am looking in to buying a 93 Mustang GT 5.0 auto, with borla exhaust, a dark window tint, and nice rims. It has 110k miles on but it looks to be in great conditin inside and out.

Im probably going to look at it tomorrow and take a test drive.

Hes asking 3200 which seams really good.

But my questions are: Is 110k a lot for these motors (im a chevy fan myself and hate fords)

also, is automatic really lame? i want standard but this is a real good deal. Would it still be fun to drive auto?

Pretty much what do you think of thos deal? Anything in particular i should look for tomorrow when i goto look at it?

thanks
mike

Honda4trax250x
11-05-2004, 11:22 PM
BUMP

bulkdriverlp
11-05-2004, 11:26 PM
hummm thats 11 years of raggin on that motor, but the milage doesnt seem to be a prob i dont think. they were making motors to last back then. auto will still be fun to drive for sure. id prolly have a compression test done to all cylenders of the motor before i bought it. jmo

Syrus
11-06-2004, 12:23 AM
that stags gonna suck u back in that seat, and no, those engines last forever !

Honda4trax250x
11-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Syrus
that stags gonna suck u back in that seat, and no, those engines last forever !

hahaha

im tired and on vicodin because of my broken sternum, and i thought u told me the stang was gunna suck, i was all ready to get defensive lol

DON'T DO DRUGS PEOPLE (even if they are prescribed to you)

TRXRacer1
11-06-2004, 01:24 AM
The milage won't matter so much on the motor but the trans may be ready soon for some plates. My 90gt was a beast and it was an automatic. I put a B&M full rebuild in it with the shift kit and it would break pavement on every shift. The stick guys can't move as fast as a properly built auto. That's why most of drag racing is auto.

NitrousEdge
11-06-2004, 06:36 AM
If its in good condition it is a steal, that motor will last forever! I swapped my manual car over to auto and couldn't be happier!

Scott-300ex
11-06-2004, 12:17 PM
as you can see in my sig i got one and they are fun as hell, put some mods on there and it will move and do some exhaust and they sound awsome, i am so dang happy with mine, it's my baby, it is awsome.

3200 is a nice price man, go for it.

check for rust though, under the doors and rockers and the bottom of the hatchback. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

and i got a stick cause they are so fun to drive, and let me tell you, they handle great, i mean i can go 45mph around a turn now when i used to do like 25mph. and a stick makes it more fun, sometimes auto's are nice but i just love drivin sticks, but thats just me. but if you found one you like, unless you truly want a stick, you should get it

good luck man.

Juggalo
11-06-2004, 12:28 PM
the only bad thing i can see about the car is the auto..the auto's are lame. but it will still be cool. im in the market for a 5.0 myself. my friend owned a really nice 93 a while back and now hes got another that hes using for a project car. the motor should be fine as the 302 is a tough motor but one thing is dont expect that car to be fast and dont go around tellin everybody its fast or tryin to race people at lights just cuz you have nice sounding exhaust. those are some slow *** cars stock (i consider it still stock even tho it has exhaust). theres a lot of people around here who buy a 5.0 just like yours and think they are awesome but really their just losers. dont act like that and you will have a real nice car on your hands and they are easily upgraded into some crazy *** cars. so get some mods on her and you will have a quick ride. oh and one more thing...rebuild kits are dirt cheap for the 302 so dont be afraid to freshen up the motor after a while.

Honda4trax250x
11-06-2004, 03:15 PM
well i talked to the guy today, i didnt really like what he told me, he said that it needed a tune-up (no big deal) but he said that the tranny leaks

i dunno if i wanna get involved with something like that.......how could i fix a leaking tranny?

i think i might have to let this one go and just keep looking