PDA

View Full Version : Tool Box (storage Box)

Poyntman400ex
11-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Is there a custom storage box Out there that would be waterproof? Big enough to hold Truck keys, Wallet etc...It would mount where the Factory tool box is on a 400ex. Any help would be great.

jahaiap
11-05-2004, 07:45 PM
i have the remote to the factory alarm on my truck on my bike key and i lock my wallet inside, actually all the ppl i ride with usually lock their stuff in my truck too. if i ever lost the remote while riding i have a key hidden under my truck. but ive been riding like that for 6 months and never lost it though. the remote it waterproof also, it works underwater. its the basic ford remote everyone has...sorry if that had nothing to do with your question :D

Poyntman400ex
11-05-2004, 08:25 PM
I do mostly trail riding and I'd like to have some place to put things like tools and stuff. Waterproof would be sweet!

JOEX
11-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Some people use use a piece PVC piping about 4'" diameter mounted behind the front bumper. There have been pics posted here before, quite some time ago though....

Woodsrider
11-06-2004, 08:19 AM
The pipe Joe is talking about works well, and is removable as well. Total cost to build is about $10 bucks. I'd take a pic of mine but the kids broke my digital camera the other day :grr:

Poyntman400ex
11-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Yea I've seen those PVC setups. I was hoping for a fabicated aluminum box. kind of like a mini- ammo box or some thing.

ZSK
11-08-2004, 10:02 AM
What ever you do make the design better than the stocker. I've seen countless ends come off and everything come out, picked up a few pieces to the tool kits on the trail. I wear a back pack. Usually have my camel back inside the back pack and that's wear I keep my wallet and keys. Haven't lost anything yet.

Poyntman400ex
11-08-2004, 02:24 PM
I like that backpack idea. I was just curious if anybody has seen something to replace the stocker tool box. besides the PVC setup.