PDA

View Full Version : ???Cantamar Dunes, Baja California (near Rosarito)???

monkeynuts
04-15-2002, 10:38 PM
Anyone ever been to these dunes. suposedly, they are located 10 minutes south of Rosarito, BC, about 30 min across the border from San Diego. It is on the beach, and I am told you can ride from rosarito all the way down to Ensenada along the water.

Is it worth going down there.

MOOCAZEN
04-16-2002, 02:36 PM
NUTS, WHERE DO U LIVE I LIVE IN CHULA VISTA, RIDE ALL THE TIME AT 905, THERE ARE A COUPLE OF TRACKS DOWN THERE ALSO DUNE TRACKS, AS A MATTER OF FACT WE MIGHT BE GOING THIS WEEKEND TO CANTAMAR ON SATURDAY , LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AT

monkeynuts
04-16-2002, 04:10 PM
I live up in Alpine, near El Cajon. I work with a guy who rides over off of the 905, but i've never been.

MOOCAZEN
04-16-2002, 04:17 PM
PRETTY COOL, GETS BORING AFTER AWHILE, MY GIRL LIVE IN JAMUL, WHENEVER YOU WANT TO GO LET ME KNOW, THERE A TRACK WE GO OUT THERE AND PRACTICE AT, HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR FRONT SETUP, IM GETTING THAT NOW

monkeynuts
04-16-2002, 04:31 PM
haven't ridden it yet! i finally got all of the parts, and houser sent me two left lower arms, and a bad ball joint. i just sent my rear shock to C&D Racing today to do my rebuild, so between waiting for my other a-arm and my rear shock, i think it will be about a week b4 it's back together.

MOOCAZEN
04-16-2002, 04:45 PM
THE SETUP COST YOU AND WHENEVER YOU WANT TO GO RIDING LET ME KNOW, HOW OLD ARE U

monkeynuts
04-16-2002, 10:59 PM
im 21, as soon as i get this bike back together, i hope to go riding. bot this weekend, but probably next.

monkeynuts
04-18-2002, 10:40 PM
If you end up in cantamar this wekend, let me know how it is. hey also, i don't know how often yyou have been dowm there, but i was wondering about the police. a guy told me that they have been coming down on people with fines for riding south. i am just wondering how strict they are about riding down there, mexican police already have too much of my money, and i'd hate to have my bike confiscated.

MOOCAZEN
04-19-2002, 08:07 AM
worry bat it, just let me know when you go and we'll head down there with you, me and some friends, we know everyne down there, its fun, nothing like glamis, but abt just as cool as you can get driving only 15-20 minutes, ya know, we're going riding this weekend at 905 and ocotillo on saturday, just let me know

mightyjavy
06-19-2006, 09:00 PM
wuz up everyone
Cantamar Dunes are fun its a small place, theres some cool hills to go up, some spin arounds i like it you can drink beer and ride with no worries, that one place by 905 is also cool i go every other weekend ,trails are nice with some small hills pretty big place if you know where to go most people just stay in the begining part of it. i live in san diego national city let me know if anyone is going to puerto nuevo i will be there next week fri-sunhit me up with a message im 23 and cool as hell to chill with peace

badshee420
06-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Anyone ever ridden in Cantamar, would you go with paddles or the knobbies?

Never been to Cantamar. Will be there 4th of July weekend.

mightyjavy
06-20-2006, 10:26 PM
take padles or you will get stuck

badshee420
06-21-2006, 08:01 AM
I had read somewhere online where it talked about them charging down there in cantamar to go around each time , or is it for the day? the last time you went, how was it? and how recent?

Any reccommendations?

Thanx

mightyjavy
06-21-2006, 06:34 PM
it was 7 bucks for 3 bikes all day that was about 3 weeks ago

striker1001
06-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Dude man cantamar sucks now. Suposedely the dunes are owned by 7 people. I guess there was a legal dispute and half of cantamar is now fenced off( the half that has the big hill everyone drags on) and cant be riiden on. If u think cantamar is small now u have no idea. We went memorial day weekend so i duno if they opened up the other half. I still had alot fun though...people ended up making another drag hill so it wasnt too bad.

badshee420
06-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Well, I'm heading down there this weekend. Don't know how to get there. I have been to Rosarito b4 but don't know how to get to the riding area. If anyone can help with directions that woud be cool.

Dune Surfer
06-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Been there too many times, It sucks, its crowded, Total rip off. Half is fenced off, not even worth the trip TRUST ME

DezSled
07-03-2006, 02:15 PM
I've been there many times. It's fun, it's DANGEROUS when crowded, but hey it's mexico. You can drink and have a great time. When you leave you can hit up Puerto Nuevo for lobster. But come to think about it the last time we went there I hit someone and got knocked out, hmmm maybe thats why we don't go there any more....

mightyjavy
07-04-2006, 06:18 PM
well i usually go to descanso dunes park in rosarito puerto nuevo i think its the same as cantamar? im not sure, but descanso is alot of fun when its not crowded, i just went on sunday and had a blast it was crowded but still worth the trip, and its not all hot as hell like some dunes by ocatello rd, since you have the cool breeze from the ocean, and you dont have to worry about some piss *** rules for drinking, you can buy some beer right there in descanso and have no worries.

kimberley
08-09-2006, 11:43 PM
We have been there a few times and are planing a trip back for laborday weekend. We are hoping to get a group of friends to go camp for the long weekend I would not recamend going alone. I am not sure about riding the shoreline all the way from tj but you can ride in rosarito and further south. It is a great spot to go and they even rent quads there if you dont take your own.

mightyjavy
08-10-2006, 12:26 PM
yeah its a small place but fun, you can camp out and they have bathrooms, and a little store that sells beer