PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar axle question??

xsr_racing28c
11-05-2004, 03:50 PM
just wondering if you can use yur stock lock nut on the lonestar axle???? if any one knows this can you please post or pm me with an answer ...thanks<jason

ZRider400
11-05-2004, 04:25 PM
yes you can:)

Power Stroker
11-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by ZRider400
yes you can:)

Heres right, I also have one.

RedRacer44
11-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Like they say, yes they fit but i'd suggest after you tighten it up.....wrap it up with duct tape. I know it sounds crazy but it works because my cuz hasnt got the chance to buy an aftermarket locknut for his axle yet and his stock locknut comes loose ALL the time. We've used everything to tighten it up too!

Just a suggestion though.......

450 Racer R
11-06-2004, 10:12 AM
I used loctite on mine and haven't had a problem

ZRider400
11-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
I used loctite on mine and haven't had a problem

i did that on mine too....then it came loose,but wouldnt tighten because the threads were locked up. the loc-tite + corrosion made it seize. so we heated it.....then the threads broke.

so i ended up getting a LSR antifade.......works great now:p

simoniz
11-07-2004, 08:40 PM
I've got a Lone Star axle right now that I'm having the same problem. The anti-fad comes loose all the time. It cost me a win Sat. night. My actual clip is coming out. It seems like the groove in the axle is not deep enough for the anti-fad nut to compress the clip in place. Very aggravating. I took a dremil tool and tried to sharpened the edge. Maybe that will fix that but should I try duck tape to keep the anti-fad nut some loosening?? I know the new anti-fad nuts have 2 socket head cap screws in them instead of one. I hate to buy another anti-fad nut.