PDA

View Full Version : Race 12 hours & have to cheat!

quadnice
11-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Pretty sad stuff to mention, but it was happening constantly @ the nite time session. Just before going across the field towards the river. More than several teams, including 1 PRO team decided to make their own rules & cut the course significantly. One of our very own promoters, for,... IMO the best local series around, caught the PRO team. They reported it to an official, & he asked if the team was PRO? Then proceeded to blow them & their credibility off:mad: Shortly after the official has the nerve to ask them if they would be in that area & watch for cheaters. They refused,...& were quite upset w/ the whole incident.
Another member of one our teams, caught word of this going on, & decided to go watch that area w/ flashlight, pen & paper (only after their team dropped out w/ a blown motor) He told me after the race all the teams he caught, & was on his way to report them. Unfortunately I was unable to talk w/ him about what exactly happened w/ the cheaters, before we left in the AM & Come to think of it, I never saw him again, maybe ALL the cheaters got together & made him disappear somewhere???
Seriously though-
Cheaters SUCK!!!
We know who they are!!!
For those of us who do not need to try & cheat to win these XC races, let's stick together even closer & get these POS DQ'd & let them know they are not half as smart as they think they are!!!

Rico
11-05-2004, 09:08 AM
I hate cheaters too.......:mad:

Shawn H
11-05-2004, 10:28 AM
I too seen people cut the course in the dark on the opposite side of the road before the mx course. I almost took the same line on accident just because I thought it was a new line but I blew right on by it!

Unfortunatly when ya have a lot of money and contingincies on the line it brings out the worst in some people!

I personally dont know how anyone could live with it but I guess they can!

jlhughes750
11-05-2004, 02:16 PM
I saw alot of teams breaking and wrenching, we never had one problem and we still got like 50th overall?????????

tprender
11-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Just for your info, I was given 2 numbers of quads that cut the course in the dark at the end of the straigh away for some reason. Both of those teams had 10 laps taken from there total. There were also, some other teams that laps were taken away for cutting the course and some other things during the 12 hrs. I am sure that we didn't catch all of the wrong do'rs. We tried to catch as many as possible. The numbers that were given to me had laps taken away from there total.
Like I said at the riders meeting on Friday night," We are here to have some fun and maybe take home a plaque or award. If you have to cheat just to get a better finish, don't. We will try to catch you."

geogeorge
11-05-2004, 04:11 PM
I have never understud why someone would wish to cheet. I guess it makes them feel more like a man/woman (don't wish to desimanate). Any way if I see you cheet me why we are racing, don't worry I will not trun you in. But by the time I'm done with you after the race you will wish I had. funny thing how the brakes can give out after a race. would hate to run your cheeting a** over.

Tom glade you did something. Maybe it would be helpful to list all the people that cheeted here so we all will know who to keep a eye on. just a idea.

quadnice
11-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by tprender
Just for your info, I was given 2 numbers of quads that cut the course in the dark at the end of the straigh away for some reason. Both of those teams had 10 laps taken from there total. There were also, some other teams that laps were taken away for cutting the course and some other things during the 12 hrs. I am sure that we didn't catch all of the wrong do'rs. We tried to catch as many as possible. The numbers that were given to me had laps taken away from there total.
Like I said at the riders meeting on Friday night," We are here to have some fun and maybe take home a plaque or award. If you have to cheat just to get a better finish, don't. We will try to catch you."

Tom glad to hear this!
With all the things there are to do @ a race this big, it's good to know some of the Cheaters were docked laps!
You've been around racing for a while, & I know meeting you & listening to you @ the 1st 12 Hour race in 2002 I would not want to be on your bad side! :macho Seemed to me any violation in your book was 10 laps!!! Your kinda scary!!!

Also, was it just me? Or were there FAR LESS TOW quads & workers @ this years event??? Last year, w/ my battery problems it seemed like help was just a mere shouting distance away.
Fortunately, this year our team ran quite clean & did not need any help back to the pits, finishing what I feel was a respectable 21st overall!
Congrats to all teams who finished w/o cheating!!!
Too those who did feel that need to cheat, Beware we will be watching even closer!!!

Prairiewrench
11-05-2004, 05:13 PM
I also heard of some of the cheating and reported it to Tom, he did as he said and took care of it! My team riders all know that if we needed to cheat to win any race then they were no longer a part of my team,,, cheaters are nothing more than the worst kind of loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn H
11-05-2004, 05:16 PM
I hope your typing all this with your left hand fool:macho ^^^^^^^

I know your not using the broken wrist:ermm:

Should see my bottom ball joint I cant believe it didnt pop out of its socket!!:eek2: Its Junk

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-05-2004, 05:17 PM
was radio communication allowed between the rider and the pit crew this year??

burrows
11-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Yes it was. It is in the rules. I checked this rule several times to make sure it was correct. Actually I was glad. Not that it helped us much. The tow quads were there almost before the guys could get off of their quads. Congradulations to all for finishing this race and to those that tried.
It is sad that a person has to cheat. Even while sitting in the pits I saw 2 teams cheating by pitting on the track.
Other wise I thought was a good race. Differnet anyways. Sure learned alot from this and know what we need to do to get ready for next year. Momma B

Johnny & Monica
11-05-2004, 09:44 PM
we got cheated by the scanner twice once on the 23 or 24th lap showed being over a hour for one lap,an our last 2 laps when the gen. screwed up everyone an shut down twice showed us a lap short an finshing the last lap at 34 min. oh well we still got 1st in our class but screwed up our overall:( but it was fun an we finished awesome in our class.
We didnt pit for nothing but gas an rider changes:D An now my poor yamaha has only 52 pounds of commpression an alot of the piston is in dust in my oil filter,The ol`yfz has 16 2 hour races on it with a hard 12 hours put to it :blah: I think Ironman took the biggest toll on it with all the mudd . All on the stock piston.woooo hoooo time for a break rigth at the end of the season.

Prairiewrench
11-07-2004, 08:51 PM
snowgasm,,, who else broke their wrist besides the guy on the King Quad with Tommy Farr and Jim Stakk?:confused:

quadnice
11-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Prairiewrench
snowgasm,,, who else broke their wrist besides the guy on the King Quad with Tommy Farr and Jim Stakk?:confused:

That would be me:mad:
I had a case of the; I'm riding much FASTER than I really am @ nite.
I got on my quad just before dark & we were about 14th, began picking ppl off, was feeling good, it got dark, & I got a lil too friendly w/ a tree.
I thought I could ice the wrist for awhile, duct tape it up, & go back out,..........It wasn't going to happen, I decided to step out of the race & let the other 2 teammates finish it up.

We still finished 21st overall
Well,......20th if the PRO TEAM THAT CHEATED would have been docked laps!!!

We'll talk more next weekend @ the banquet!
JC

Prairiewrench
11-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Oh, hat's right,, I did hear about that! I was soo busy running around like a chicken with my head cut off that I never left my pit area! LOL!! I wanted to get around and see how all the Iowa series racers were doing but was afraid to venture too far from the pits! Oldmanwheeler is suppose to be at the banquet with us and he is part owner of the 12 hour and is the F in FD Racing,, shhhhhh,,, we will get him there with our complaints! LOL!!! ;)