PDA

View Full Version : Beware Race tracks

yfz450xc
11-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Here is something for you to think about that might happen in the future. Let's hope that this get's voted down. If something like this passed, what would it do to all types of racing?
New Jersey Assemblymen Michael Panter (D-Red Bank) and Robert Morgan (D-Red Bank) have introduced A3425 which prohibits operation of motor vehicles on race tracks in the State located within a one-mile radius of residential housing. In addition, the bill prohibits the use of public address systems at race tracks on any day before 11 am or after 10 pm, except for Sundays, during which the prohibition is before 11 am or after 7 pm.

A3425 carries penalties of $2,500 for the first offense, $5,000 for the second offense, $10,000 for the third offense, and $25,000 for the fourth and subsequent offenses.

Garden State motorcyclists are encouraged to contact their respective representatives and urge them to oppose A3425. You can find your elected representatives on the AMA Statewatch section of www.AMADirectlink.com.

JHF219
11-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
Here is something for you to think about that might happen in the future. Let's hope that this get's voted down. If something like this passed, what would it do to all types of racing?
New Jersey Assemblymen Michael Panter (D-Red Bank) and Robert Morgan (D-Red Bank) have introduced A3425 which prohibits operation of motor vehicles on race tracks in the State located within a one-mile radius of residential housing. In addition, the bill prohibits the use of public address systems at race tracks on any day before 11 am or after 10 pm, except for Sundays, during which the prohibition is before 11 am or after 7 pm.

A3425 carries penalties of $2,500 for the first offense, $5,000 for the second offense, $10,000 for the third offense, and $25,000 for the fourth and subsequent offenses.

Garden State motorcyclists are encouraged to contact their respective representatives and urge them to oppose A3425. You can find your elected representatives on the AMA Statewatch section of www.AMADirectlink.com.

Holy **** that sucks man if i lived there i would definetly be voicing my opinion !! sorry to hear about this and i hope it doesnt get passed!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Flynbryan19
11-05-2004, 09:23 AM
We had to fight something similair to this in my hometown when I lived in Va. We turned out IN FORCE and largely out numbered those in favor of the proposed law. Remember! If you don't voice YOUR opinion, others will be MORE than happy to do it for you. And I can guarentee it won't be how you want to be represented.:mad:

KILLAQuad
11-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Well crap ... can the ones that dont live anywhere near that area do anything....

I will help ya out .... I hate Crap like that.....:mad:

quad_45
11-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I HATE THIS STATE, you can't ride or do anything anywhere. Most of it is due to sue happy A-holes, which in turn raises insurance costs, which means no more tracks.