PDA

View Full Version : My Pride and joy........BURNT!!

1BAD4HUNDI
11-05-2004, 01:41 AM
Here are some pics of what used to be my pride and joy my 1993 Trans Am untill 2 & 1/2 years ago it burnt. It was getting subframe connectors welded in ... and it caught fire.:( I don't have any of the after pics on my comp. I'll try to get my brother to scan some in. I drag raced it all of the time, it ran 12.60@110mph, all throttle no bottle!!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/1BAD4HUNDI/craig2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/1BAD4HUNDI/9.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/1BAD4HUNDI/3.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/1BAD4HUNDI/5.jpg

Dan_Guetter
11-05-2004, 01:45 AM
nice car!!!!

:cool:

1BAD4HUNDI
11-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Yeah it WAS!!:(

Cole Trane
11-05-2004, 01:55 AM
The first year they made F bodies was in 94. It might have been made in 93, but it was a 94 TA. I used to have a 94 TA too, but it was all black.

Guy400
11-05-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider2002
The first year they made F bodies was in 94. It might have been made in 93, but it was a 94 TA. I used to have a 94 TA too, but it was all black. "F body" is the GM name to the Camaro/Firebird/TransAm chassis. The platform has been dubbed "F body" since 1967.

Cole Trane
11-05-2004, 05:17 AM
Wow, I just did some research and it looks like your right. I guess I've been fed a huge pile of crap for quite a while now. Thanks for the info. I feel like an idiot, because in my searching I also realized they made that body style in 93 too. I even owned a TA!! What a shame. :( :o

LTandRaptorider
11-05-2004, 05:22 AM
Dam, that was a nice car! Sorry to hear that. the road looks familiar, where is it?

Hammer trx450r
11-05-2004, 06:10 AM
Damn who was your welder? :eek2: :huh

speedfreaksguy
11-05-2004, 08:44 AM
The first year they made F bodies was in 94. It might have been made in 93, but it was a 94 TA.

I am not shure about the TA but 93 was the first year the Camaro came out with the LT1 motor. I had a 93 Camaro, that was my favorite car but at 19 insurance was killing me and I had to let her go. I want to get another some day!

1BAD4HUNDI
11-05-2004, 10:13 AM
The road is right next Greenlick dam. My older brother was doing the welding. See I dropped the motor out the day before, to change out the headders and motor mounts and the car was up on the hoist the interior was ripped out except for the front seats and I had a couple of magazines on the floor behind the seat that he didn't know about, he came out early the next morning to help me out, I was sleeping he started welding and next thing I know I'm getting woke up to " GET UP YOUR CAR'S ON FIRE!!!!" Talk about a rude awakening. I ran outside to see 10 firetrucks parked in the lot and smoke rolling out of the garage. NO I don't blame my brother for it, it was an accident, belive me he didn't want it to catch fire. Yes it sucks but accidents happen.

Screamin440
11-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by 1BAD4HUNDI
The road is right next Greenlick dam. My older brother was doing the welding. See I dropped the motor out the day before, to change out the headders and motor mounts and the car was up on the hoist the interior was ripped out except for the front seats and I had a couple of magazines on the floor behind the seat that he didn't know about, he came out early the next morning to help me out, I was sleeping he started welding and next thing I know I'm getting woke up to " GET UP YOUR CAR'S ON FIRE!!!!" Talk about a rude awakening. I ran outside to see 10 firetrucks parked in the lot and smoke rolling out of the garage. NO I don't blame my brother for it, it was an accident, belive me he didn't want it to catch fire. Yes it sucks but accidents happen.

Wow, you take things a lot better than what I would.

Guy400
11-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Wow, I just did some research and it looks like your right. I guess I've been fed a huge pile of crap for quite a while now. Thanks for the info. I feel like an idiot, because in my searching I also realized they made that body style in 93 too. I even owned a TA!! What a shame. :( :o No reason to feel dumb...just one GM guy helping another out :macho

Originally posted by speedfreaksguy
I am not shure about the TA but 93 was the first year the Camaro came out with the LT1 motor. I had a 93 Camaro, that was my favorite car but at 19 insurance was killing me and I had to let her go. I want to get another some day!LOL...I know that feeling. I had a '93 Z28 and at the time I was 20. My car payment was $310.05/month and my insurance was $230/month. I kept it a little over a year and then sold it.

Cole Trane
11-05-2004, 07:28 PM
That's true, GM FO LIFE HOMIES!!!!!!!!!!!

440exnacsracer
11-05-2004, 10:37 PM
GM FO LIFE HOMIES

o man,,,,gm fans.....ill never own anything other than a ford,...never have, never will own anything with a bowtie on the front

bulkdriverlp
11-05-2004, 10:54 PM
ive always like the f bodies, real fun to burn the boots. im 32 and have had bout 27 cars and trucks in my short driving career mostly '73-'87 body style chevys. i like those years only, but got a good deal on my f-150 first ford ive ever owned and i wont own anything else. jmo

440exnacsracer
11-05-2004, 10:58 PM
but got a good deal on my f-150 first ford ive ever owned and i wont own anything else. jmo

good changeover:D ....i love my 5.4l f150:devil:

bigfoot300ex
11-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
o man,,,,gm fans.....ill never own anything other than a ford,...never have, never will own anything with a bowtie on the front

i dont dislike fords or have anything against them but
i am the exact opposite i will only have a chevy or
a gmc(greater made chevrolet lol):D
its funny how we all have our one brand we like and
we stick to it no matter what

440exnacsracer
11-06-2004, 09:14 PM
i dont dislike fords or have anything against them but

yea, same here, chevy does have some nice trucks, and cars for that matter, but ill be a ford fan till i die

LazeR
11-07-2004, 01:45 AM
Nice car, You going ot get another one? Also you might save a lot of money on tires now, looks like you could bald tires pretty quick with that car :devil:

RUNMYTA
11-07-2004, 05:04 AM
Damn that sux bad!! I have a hunter green Ram Air and I would have cried if my baby went up in flames. She went 11.70 @ 113 with bolt ons and a squirt from the bottle. But now she is sitting in the garage waiting for the 383 tranplant!!!:D

1BAD4HUNDI
11-07-2004, 06:13 PM
I plan on getting a 98 or newer Formula. I went through some serious tires in that thing, one summer I went though 7 sets or tires!! I bought them used though mainly because I knew I was just going to smoke them off! Hopefully I 'll have another one soon.

440exnacsracer
11-07-2004, 07:29 PM
one summer I went though 7 sets or tires!!
i burnt a set of brand new tires up on my f150 in a month, im takin it easy now..........nah im not

crday98
11-07-2004, 09:07 PM
i feel your pain.my pride and joy was my 2002 WS6 until some dumb f#@k decided to take both her hands off the steering wheel to yank back on the shifter because she couldn't get her car into 4th gear.she lost control and took me out in the process during eliminations at a local strip.i was running 13.1 @ 108 with a lid and filter(basically stock).i had planned on using the bottle but i was out of juice due to a leak in the line so i never found out what i would have ran.the only comparison was that my buddy who has the same car and equal mods ran 11.67 @ 117 on a 150 shot. my car was always .4 faster than his so i estimate about 11.3-11.4 depending on traction.i also had a 3400 stall to put in which would have shaved about .5 off my et and might have dropped me into the high 10's.unfortunatelly due to someones stupidity i'll never know:mad: . the real kick in the *** is that because it happened at the track,nothing was covered under insurance.i tried to get the people who hit me to help me in some way and the owner of the car(her boyfriend) told me "chit happens butt,that's racin. you're responsible to fix your own car,it's not my problem":huh :grr: :mad: don't worry,that little pricks day is still coming and he is gonna get it hard. to sum it up,the damage was estimated at just shy of 27k,the car was totalled and i was out 33k plus a few k for some of the mods.
here is what it used to look like
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/602788_15_full.jpg

and after stupidity
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/602788_14_full.jpg

1BAD4HUNDI
11-07-2004, 09:35 PM
DAMN dude I'd beat that guy's ***** !!!!!!! Was there anyway you could have sued him or her to get some money or replace your car or were you just SOL? That's bullchit because some dumb***** can't drive you lose your car !!:mad:

jeepnrocks
11-07-2004, 10:20 PM
i wouldnt waste my money on some stupid race car, you need to invest in a 450r or a crf 450 transplant into that "old" 400
:blah:

crday98
11-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 1BAD4HUNDI
DAMN dude I'd beat that guy's ***** !!!!!!! Was there anyway you could have sued him or her to get some money or replace your car or were you just SOL? That's bullchit because some dumb***** can't drive you lose your car !!:mad:
you sign a waiver before you race but i am current working around with my attourney who happens to also be my father.even if i win,the guy is still going to get what he has coming to him;)
the sad part is that she should have been banned from the track for her stupidity and disreguard to everyones safety.sure enough,a few weeks ago and a year after she took me out, she lost control again and almost took someone else out. the sad thing is that she had a low 14 sec. 67 camaro when she lost it and hit me and had a 15 sec. camaro when she lost it a few weeks ago. the track obviously doesn't give a chit because she was back the following weeks. a piece of advice to all..."NEVER RACE AT NUMIDIA RACEWAY":grr:

250x#93
11-08-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm actually a diehard ford fan myself but for college i had a 98 pathy and a couple of weeks ago totalled it so i went looking for another vehicle and the Chevy Blazer just fit what i needed more than the Ford Explorer.....so for college its a Chevy which i think well do just fine but once i get outta college its gonna be a FORD for me!!!!!!:devil:

Scott-300ex
11-08-2004, 07:06 PM
man, that car was puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurty!

1BAD4HUNDI
11-09-2004, 01:01 PM
you sign a waiver before you race but i am current working around with my attourney who happens to also be my father.even if i win,the guy is still going to get what he has coming to him

I thought the wavier you signed was just to keep you from sueing the race track not some dumb B****!! I guess I should read those things before signing them.